IKEA new branch in Thailand receives positive feedback after first week opening

webfact

image.jpeg

Swedish furniture retailer IKEA shared that after the first week of opening its new branch in Thailand, IKEA Sukhumvit, it received positive feedback from both Thai and international shoppers, making high sales on several items.

IKEA Sukhumvit is located at Emsphere shopping center in Bangkok, Thailand and had its grand opening on the first of December this year. According to a statistic, the new store had 120,000 shoppers visiting the place from 1-7 December 2023.

IKEA’s FRAKTA tote bags were the items which made the highest sales, followed by white plates and kitchen wares from OFTAST collection and ISTAD ziplock bags.

by Kanlayakorn Pengrattana

Full story: ScandAsia 2023-12-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WhatMeWorry said:

I went into an IKEA once, only once. I felt like a rat running around trying to get out of a maze. If you like cheap, laminated furniture, this store is for you.

I found expensive laminated furniture there.

May be you'll like Index living, easy to navigate?

I would suggest IKEA is the only reason for people living in central Bangkok to visit EmSphere.  If your hunger is only satisfied by Swedish meatballs, or you want to visit a more conveniently located IKEA showroom than BangNa or Nonthaburi. then EmSpehere it is (I suppose). :passifier:

With the Emporium and EmQuartier so close, located directly at the BTS, and Terminal 21 just one BTS stop away I'm finding any reason to visit the new mall except IKEA hard to imagine.  More of the same that you find at any of the malls.

Won't be visiting until my Swedish buddy comes to visit - for the meatballs of course :partytime2:

3 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

I went into an IKEA once, only once. I felt like a rat running around trying to get out of a maze. If you like cheap, laminated furniture, this store is for you.

You must not have stayed too long.  They sell far more than just laminated furniture.