Highest Interest Rates on Saving and Money Market Accounts

billaaa777

I am really tired of not making any money on the funds I have in my Thai Banks. I tried to check online and the best I could come up with a savings account at SCB called "EZ Savings" which pays 1.5%. WOW, really, I guess it better than the almost nothing I have been getting. OH please, if anybody can beat that please let me and I am sure quite a few others know what it is and what bank offers it. Not only savings but safe money market too. Thanks in advance.

i've researched this and have decided to send some of my money to uk, easy to get 5-6% there.

here, i'm even surprised the OP was offered 1.5%, that might only be for Thais.

Although gold is a good hedge and safe, there's no annual returns ( unless you're buying and selling with the spread ) it's really not a good investment.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mark5335 said:

Last month I opened a 14 mth FD with Krungsri getting 2.2% p.a., and recently I noticed that they have been advertising a 9 mth FCD in USD at 5.2% p.a. 

Some of these offers are on for Thais.

• 3 weeks later...

how to buy Thai government bonds and are they accepted by immigration? they yield between 2.3% and 3.5% but probably investing just 800K will not compensate the cost of a trading account.

5 minutes ago, indyo said:

how to buy Thai government bonds and are they accepted by immigration? they yield between 2.3% and 3.5% but probably investing just 800K will not compensate the cost of a trading account.

No not accepted by Immigration. 800k accounts are Savings and Fxd Deposit only. 1e: Money must be immediately accessible.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're right, gold has been such a terrible investment over the years!

Exactly.

As I told my missus 15 years ago when the price crept over 10,000 Baht......."it won't be long before it is back under 10k!".....

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 8:12 AM, PJ71 said:

i've researched this and have decided to send some of my money to uk, easy to get 5-6% there.

here, i'm even surprised the OP was offered 1.5%, that might only be for Thais.

Although gold is a good hedge and safe, there's no annual returns ( unless you're buying and selling with the spread ) it's really not a good investment.

One way of buying gold and being able to spend it 

Used it for a number of years .

https://www.tallymoney.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 10:04 PM, scoutman360 said:

If you want to find the best interest rates, go to the Bank of Thailand website. They list daily every bank and interest rates for various account types. One stop shopping. 

No they don't.

They show the rate for the regular savings account and fixed accounts 3 up to 24 months.

Every bank has many more account options that offer different interest rates, and they are not shown on that website, so in short it is useless.