Free entry to selected national parks across Thailand is now available for expats

webfact

If someone visits one of the national parks using this offer please post a review. The national park close to me is not on the list or I would give it a try tomorrow.  I will plan to visit some of the parks but would like to here feedback on how well it works before making a 5 hour drive.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:23 PM, NanLaew said:

This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity for all the disgruntled foreign squatters who bark incessantly about racism and xenophobia here in Thailand to visit the parks for free.

Exactly what I was thinking! 😂

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, BritScot said:

If you hate expats so much why troll on a site that originally started for expats? Serious question as it baffles me.

I'm an expat, and I am assuming you are an expat as well.

I don't hate expats. Some of my best friends are expats.

But I admit that there are some expats that do tend to tweak my aversion.

They're easy enough to identify though. They seem to be baffled most of the time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 3:05 PM, biervoormij said:

If someone visits one of the national parks using this offer please post a review. The national park close to me is not on the list or I would give it a try tomorrow.  I will plan to visit some of the parks but would like to here feedback on how well it works before making a 5 hour drive.

I am going to reply to my own question since I used this yesterday to visit a Sai Yok National park. I did not look at the site after the first day and was surprised they have added a lot of parks so if wanting to go to a park you may want to check again.

Only request the ticket the day before because it is only good for 24 hours and are only allowed to request a park once. I was also asked to show my passport when entering the park but had it with me so the park entry was free.

IMG_20240115_115458301_HDR.jpg

On 12/18/2023 at 2:23 AM, NanLaew said:

This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity for all the disgruntled foreign squatters who bark incessantly about racism and xenophobia here in Thailand to visit the parks for free.

No.. you have it wrong (at least from my perspective) - Those of us who strongly disagree with dual charing do so on the principle that dual charing is wrong (IMO). 

In this case it is still wrong - IMO it is as wrong to give something free to foreigners when a local has to pay as it is to dual charge foreigners. 

Why does Thailand stuff up such basic concepts in the most childish and juvenile of ways ?????

Its simple, just charge foreigners the same rates that Thai's are being charged, no special discounts etc, no dual charging etc.. just normal behavior and let the qualities of Thailand speak for itself without these daft policies which just create confusion.

• Agree 2

I was surprised to see the BangChak 'deal' (or whatever it is) on there...  so I tested it to see what it was about... 

... apparently a 500 baht fuel coupon...  so I tested it... 

As expected - a load of hot air...   Codes for the national parks work though (which I'll use if going to one). 

Koh Samet seems not to be on there though...

..... which I'd have used then made myself look like a nob when still 'donating the Thai price' because I'm such a man of principle !!!  :giggle:

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 12.58.20.png

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No.. you have it wrong (at least from my perspective) - Those of us who strongly disagree with dual charing do so on the principle that dual charing is wrong (IMO). 

In this case it is still wrong - IMO it is as wrong to give something free to foreigners when a local has to pay as it is to dual charge foreigners. 

Why does Thailand stuff up such basic concepts in the most childish and juvenile of ways ?????

Its simple, just charge foreigners the same rates that Thai's are being charged, no special discounts etc, no dual charging etc.. just normal behavior and let the qualities of Thailand speak for itself without these daft policies which just create confusion.

If I had a winning Thai lottery ticket for each time read or hear on these hallowed pages about foreign squatters standing up for their principles...

• Confused 2