Phuket’s phenomenal rise: From tropical paradise to global hub

webfact

In the wake of a robust global economic resurgence, Phuket has emerged as a magnet for inbound migration, shaping a vibrant and eclectic Russian community in the heart of Asia, reveals C9 Hotelworks’ latest expansive investment dossier on Phuket’s economic landscape.

FIFY

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket has emerged as a magnet for inbound migration, shaping a vibrant and eclectic international community in the heart of Asia, reveals C9 Hotelworks’ latest expansive investment dossier on Phuket’s economic landscape.

Russian front dodgers?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

From tropical paradise yes it was 30+ years ago and I am grateful for over several years and having had the experience of living here. Today and sad to say it, but I don't understand what kind of interests a tourist can have who comes here.:mellow:

Felt

but they are going to build a monorail. 

• Haha 1

Thailand is not using the right strategy to attract wealthy investors and holidaymakers .

It has the BIG advantage to be far away enough from all the mess in the world today , to be kind of a ' safe harbor ' for all the people from other countries who simply want to live a good life without being dragged into wars , street fighting , demonstrations , hatred etc ...

To make it attractive for the wealthy , laws and regulations need to change here .

Thailand is beautiful , many Thai people are not so bad ...

I am still happy here , found my piece of paradise away from people .

• Like 1

Global hub ... :cheesy:

... more like educational, learning tool what not to do.  

First visit for me, 1999, and the main road from the airport now, wasn't even finished, still a few small stretches just gravel, and hard surface not laid yet, or maybe just expanding it.  Patong was actually nice.  Thought Bangla rd was a bit of overkill back than :giggle:  Though I was never a sextourist, so apparently extremely ignorant to the world of.  Live & learn 

Barnett is a shrill for the property sector

I have lived here near Layan for 14 years and currently they are destroying the place, traffic is already a nightmare and not only are they building villas on every spare bit of land but around 3,000 apartments at Layan.  Most villas are all over developed, a U around a pool then a wall, some with just 1 on road parking space, asking prices THB15 million up for something that costs less than THB5 million to build.  Hence the building frenzy.

The condos are selling to an extent (money laundering), all that money sent to Ukraine and other corruption has to go somewhere to be cleaned. but all these villas are all going to be ready at much the same time so I predict a big bust.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

When I first came to Phuket the abandoned development at the southern end of Nai Yang was a bit of a nmovelty.

Then Covid came along and virtually every work-in-progress got mothballed and permanently abandoned - my regular ride along the west coast is now littered with them being reclaimed by nature. One notable exception was Laya Wanda Vista Resort which has been resurrected and now looks like it will be completed which surprised me as I thought that was Chinese money.

On my last visit I was very surprised to see that virtually the entire stretch between Siranat National Park and Banyan Tree is a construction site - obviously, so far the cash is flowing in but I agree with Mises above that the market will collapse in the not too distant future. I believe that this is all being funded by Russian money but eventually the Ukranian situation will be resolve and the world will open up again to them - some will be happy to stay, but many will go elsewhere.

Phuket is a bolt-hole at the moment and a great place for a holiday or retirement, but spending the rest of your life there with a family?