Bus Suvarnabhumi/ Pattaya

daejung

Hello,

Up to now, whenever I went to Pattaya from Bangkok, I took the bus at Ekamai bus station.

Buses from Suvarnabhumi seem to be more modern and with better stops than from Ekamai.

The terminus of Roong Reuang Coach service from Suvarnabhumi is Jomtien Bus Station but they wrote me they have two other stops :

We will have a couple of drop off points at before reaching Central Pattaya intersection and before reaching South Pattaya intersection. On Sukhumvit Road.

The location of these stops on Google maps is not clear for me. Do you know where they exactly are? 

Thanks

• Like 1

19 hours ago, daejung said:

Hello,

Up to now, whenever I went to Pattaya from Bangkok, I took the bus at Ekamai bus station.

Buses from Suvarnabhumi seem to be more modern and with better stops than from Ekamai.

The terminus of Roong Reuang Coach service from Suvarnabhumi is Jomtien Bus Station but they wrote me they have two other stops :

We will have a couple of drop off points at before reaching Central Pattaya intersection and before reaching South Pattaya intersection. On Sukhumvit Road.

The location of these stops on Google maps is not clear for me. Do you know where they exactly are? 

Thanks

They were when the bus turns from the highway on to Sukhumvit and on other near the bridge on Sukhumvit just before Pattaya Tai

• Agree 2

On 12/19/2023 at 1:15 PM, JimTripper said:

Ask them to send a picture of the map they have at Bkk with the stops.

Thanks
They sent me Google Maps links :

Central Pattaya is https://maps.app.goo.gl/2xrc551GjkH7ddqJ6?g_st=ic

South Pattaya is https://maps.app.goo.gl/TyoWw7zobVwhLSZu5?g_st=ic

Edited by daejung

17 minutes ago, daejung said:

Thanks
They sent me Google Maps links :

Central Pattaya is https://maps.app.goo.gl/2xrc551GjkH7ddqJ6?g_st=ic

South Pattaya is https://maps.app.goo.gl/TyoWw7zobVwhLSZu5?g_st=ic

The first stop isn't really Central Pattaya, more like North Central. If you look on Maps you'll see where it is in relation to Pattaya Neua and Pattaya Klang.

Not really a big deal unless you're walking to your hotel 😅

You can pre-book tickes using 12goasia otherwise just hang around the airport for a while until the next bus. I did that trip two weeks ago and had to wait 90 minutes for the next bus because it was very busy.

Luckily the ticket office is right next to the cheap food court so you can get fed and watered for normal prices and not the insane numbers they're asking for upstairs.

You have to exchange cash for a plastic card to buy stuff there but they'll do it for as little as 10 baht so you can get  bottle of water without breaking the bank (vending machines upstairs want 40 baht, McDonald's want 54 baht!)

16 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

The first stop isn't really Central Pattaya, more like North Central. If you look on Maps you'll see where it is in relation to Pattaya Neua and Pattaya Klang.

Not really a big deal unless you're walking to your hotel 😅

Passed the bus dropping off there Sunday morning... clearly just came off Hwy 7 and stopped. Quite convenient for me to pick up a pal, came off Hwy 7 and then back down Siam CC to get onto the Railway Line Rd again. 

On 12/20/2023 at 6:16 AM, jacko45k said:

I know one was where you exit  the motorway to head south on Sukhumvit,

I take that bus frequently and that is the only additional BKK to Jomtien stop I've experienced.  i have never experienced them picking up passengers at any other stop BKK bound after departing Jomtien.

On 12/19/2023 at 12:50 PM, daejung said:

The first stop was right after the turn into Suk.

The second stop was at the pedestrian bridge near south Pattaya Tai.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/3RpNj231dqAt7Dxc6

https://maps.app.goo.gl/tXRdah9bLP6d7ZKr6

On 12/22/2023 at 5:40 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Bell Bus had a van service from North Bus Station to the place wanted in Pattaya, included in the fare. It's on the internet.

I recommend Bell Bus, great service & IIRC only 190B. 

But the bus between where you want to go & the Bus station is an extra 110B, worth it IMHO as it turns it into a door-2-door service. 

On 12/19/2023 at 6:50 AM, daejung said:

Hello,

Are you joking. Are you a cc? Thailand has one of the cheapest taxi services in the world. You're going to endure the hassle of a bus ride  and at the end of the journey you'll still have to take a taxi to get to your final destination. If you're that desperate for money, I only have one  advice for you: stay home.

11 hours ago, dddave said:

I take that bus frequently and that is the only additional BKK to Jomtien stop I've experienced.  i have never experienced them picking up passengers at any other stop BKK bound after departing Jomtien.

I actually thought they only dropped off and going the other way.

• Agree 2

On 12/28/2023 at 4:05 AM, vangrop said:

Are you joking. Are you a cc? Thailand has one of the cheapest taxi services in the world. You're going to endure the hassle of a bus ride  and at the end of the journey you'll still have to take a taxi to get to your final destination. If you're that desperate for money, I only have one  advice for you: stay home.

LOL. I'd rather keep the 800 baht extra for the taxi ( that's when the taxi cost 1,000 baht ) for something I want to spend it on, not just sitting in a seat for a couple hours.

If you are that rich I hope you tip the taxi driver well.

I took the bus many times and always enjoyed the experience. Perhaps you are in such a hurry to get to somewhere that you forget to enjoy the experience of the journey.

I'll bet you fly instead of taking the train too. You missed out on so much to enjoy on the journey, but you'll never know, sitting in a flying can too high to see much.

Thailand is a wonderful country to experience, but some will never get to see half of it as they flash past. Sad really.

It's like the silly western youth I saw on the airport train. He had just flown for hours at great expense to come to Thailand, but rather than look at what was outside he spent the entire trip with his face in his laptop. Some mothers do have them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's like the silly western youth I saw on the airport train. He had just flown for hours at great expense to come to Thailand, but rather than look at what was outside he spent the entire trip with his face in his laptop. Some mothers do have them.

How do you know how long his flight was? Maybe he didn't feel the need to look outside because he'd seen the same view 100 times before?

Maybe, if his flight was as long as you suggest, he had important work to catch up on that he considered more important than looking at a view for a few minutes?

On 12/27/2023 at 10:05 PM, vangrop said:

Some of us do the Pattaya-Bangkok return trip couple of times a month so saving 1,000B(each way) per trip soon adds up.

Add to that the GF doesn't like to be in a Taxi on her own (Kid you not when I was in the UK & she flew back from visiting family in Satun she chose to take the BTS/MRT to Ekkamai and then the bus to Pattaya rather than get into a Taxi on her own).

Things are a lot easier now Bell Bus (great service) is back up & running + we have the option of Lady Drivers from Nams, but given the choice between getting into a normal taxi or taking public transport she'd pick the latter every time.... Nothing to do with how much costs.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1