Thai wage committee upholds 2.37% minimum wage increase

snoop1130

baht-1.jpg

Yesterday, a senior government official announced that the tripartite wage committee has decided to uphold their previously agreed-upon plan to increase the average daily minimum wage by 2.37%. The committee, consisting of representatives from the government, employers, and employees, has agreed to uplift the pay threshold range to 330 to 370 baht, starting in January. This was confirmed by Pairoj Chotikasathien, the Permanent Secretary of Labour.

The Prime Minister’s Pheu Thai Party had previously pledged to elevate the wage threshold to 400 baht. The Prime Minister, Srettha Thavisin, has expressed his disappointment at the planned increase, criticising it as inadequate. Consequently, the committee has been requested to reconsider its decision. However, after Wednesday morning’s meeting.

The committee’s chairman, Pairoj, stated…

“The committee had unanimously agreed to uphold its decision from December 8.”

By Alex Morgan

Caption: PHOTO: via @jcomp FROM: freepik

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-12-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

59 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

One minimum wage for the whole country everybody is the same for the law.. And start with making montly payment so that at least all the holikdays are paid too with at least 1 day off a week.. I think 15k a month is decent

Decent? 6 days a week for 15K a month, would you work for that?

Edited by Trippy
  • Love It 2

6 hours ago, Trippy said:

That depends, I would if the alternative was no money. And sadly that is the reality for many people here who are unskilled, unqualified and uneducated. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

doesnt even start to compete with inflation rate. 

try to plan a retirement on that or try to raise a family.

370bht a day 6 dathe minimum wage should be idiculous salaries.

i wonder how much the big fish from the tripartite get paid.

That is why minimum wage should be 15k a month..... who the hell can live of not even 9k a month with prices only going up??

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Trippy said:

It is a start......at least better than they have now .... No I am from Europe where the people fought for their rights and were brainwashed. maximum 6 days a week working and not more max 8 hours a day... But here they shout it is unaffordable too expensive, but how much money is in the pockets for the top? They could miss a bit I am very sure

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

That is why minimum wage should be 15k a month..... who the hell can live of not even 9k a month with prices only going up??

Totally! I cant believe this total disregard for the citizens of this country. It is a shameful sham.

My wife is working and in 5 years she only got 2 jokes of a salary increase. No providence fund and no contribution to a pension plan. Were i not there there is no way she could survive.

Disgusting way to take care of your citizens

But ikke1959 i still dont understand your 1st post. It seems like you agree with such a pitance... or that is how it reads

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Totally! I cant believe this total disregard for the citizens of this country. It is a shameful sham.

My wife is working and in 5 years she only got 2 jokes of a salary increase. No providence fund and no contribution to a pension plan. Were i not there there is no way she could survive.

Your not a Knight in Shining Armor…

…she would have survived just fine without you.

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Yesterday, a senior government official announced that the tripartite wage committee has decided to uphold their previously agreed-upon plan to increase the average daily minimum wage by 2.37%. The committee, consisting of representatives from the government, employers, and employees, has agreed to uplift the pay threshold range to 330 to 370 baht, starting in January

A pittance, and they wonder why half the population are drowning in debt, 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, DLock said:

Your not a Knight in Shining Armor…

…she would have survived just fine without you.

Maybe, but she wouldnt own a house and a car that is paid off.

And btw i never claimed to be a knight in shining armor, this is you trying to bash someone you dont know in regards to a perfectly legit opinion.

I bet you think beggars are surviving perfectly well

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

But ikke1959 i still dont understand your 1st post. It seems like you agree with such a pitance... or that is how it reads

I think you misunderstand my post... I know 15k is too less, but it is much more than the 370 THB a day nowadays. There must be a start.. Monthly salaries for 6 days a week working.. Companies will cry fool as it is too expensive, but they have to do it...and with so many holidays and extra days off people on dily wages have to work or don't get paid either. with 15k a month at least they are free and have their salary paid. Ok not much but a salary of 500THB a day is better than 370 I think.. It is just a start 

• Confused 1