AIS/Gomo 12 month sim card

norbra

24 minutes ago, norbra said:

Don't need that speed,happy with current 4G+ 30/30mbps.

If your happy with 30mbps, then why change? I too am happy with my 30mbps dtac unlimited sim. Currently about 2100bt per year. This month I've used about 250GB so far this month. Does everything I need it to do including streaming. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, gargamon said:

If your happy with 30mbps, then why change? I too am happy with my 30mbps dtac unlimited sim. Currently about 2100bt per year. This month I've used about 250GB so far this month. Does everything I need it to do including streaming. 

DTAC not so good in my area,currently 4/4 on my tv box. Current phone is1 year sim AIS unlimited but latest offerings, apart from Gomo , have data limits that are unsuitable and double the price of my current sim.

Found Gomo while searching Lazada.

Edited by norbra

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The catch will be you won't get 1000mbps, depends what your area can get

Name me a phone that can handle 1000 Mbps on mobile.

(maybe a handful of highest end models?)

1000 Mbps is a purely theoretical limit, sitting alone at the mobile antenna at 3 AM in the morning.

Name me a meaningful application for 1000 Mbps on a mobile with a display smaller than a postcard.

Even highest quality Netflix requires no more than about 50 Mbps.

Do you want me to calculate how quick 100 GB are gone at 1000 Mbps :biggrin:

It's all marketing jingle.

The offer though is great. Fortunately I have enough in the family who can register.

Guess my foreigner ID will fail?

Need a new SIM in May.

The prices for regular AIS Net SIMs have risen sharply.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Hopefully it will be compatible with LTE (4G) as 5G is far from having nationwide coverage? 5G only would be a killer.

In the big Thai forum they say yes (3G, 4G, 5G).

Edited by KhunBENQ

24 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Name me a phone that can handle 1000 Mbps on mobile.

(maybe a handful of highest end models?)

1000 Mbps is a purely theoretical limit, sitting alone at the mobile antenna at 3 AM in the morning.

Name me a meaningful application for 1000 Mbps on a mobile with a display smaller than a postcard.

Even highest quality Netflix requires no more than about 50 Mbps.

Do you want me to calculate how quick 100 GB are gone at 1000 Mbps :biggrin:

It's all marketing jingle.

The offer though is great. Fortunately I have enough in the family who can register.

Guess my foreigner ID will fail?

Need a new SIM in May.

The prices for regular AIS Net SIMs have risen sharply.

of course 1000mbps is garbage

I am very unhappy with the performance of my ais package. Was supposed to be 300mbps. Of course that's a wet dream. It often locks completely, I need to close the radio and or the entire phone. It often doesn't help. In dead center BKK it's worse than a few km out.

I had to top up a month back bc I ran out of data. The top up gave me what the performance that I would normally expect. I'm totally throttled.

No more marathon packages. Imagine that 🤔

What I find confusing:

nowhere can I find a clear statement that the volume (GB) is a MONTHLY limit.

Did you find?

Of course it would be a joke to pay 1399 Baht for 200 GB per year.

But why can't they use clear wording?

Still uncertain BUT it seems like the volume initially bought is indeed the total volume and if its used up you have to refill a package?

If so, no thanks.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

What I find confusing:

nowhere can I find a clear statement that the volume (GB) is a MONTHLY limit.

Did you find?

Of course it would be a joke to pay 1399 Baht for 200 GB per year.

But why can't they use clear wording?

Still uncertain BUT it seems like the volume initially bought is indeed the total volume and if its used up you have to refill a package?

If so, no thanks.

Spoiler.

I now believe the data allowance is for the tenure of the package.Screenshot_20231221_202245.thumb.jpg.164e6100d84f1c670bcfd38023620eb7.jpg

• Haha 1

I have been using Gomo for around 2 years, I have found the best option is to buy the 99 baht 10gb package which gives you 12 months validity, the 10gb is for the whole year so not much use. You can then buy the on top unlimited monthly package for 149 baht, it says it's restricted to 10 Mbps but mine never has been. You do need a Thai person to register the sim card.

gomo.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The day after my AIS 1 year SIM expired (end Oct) I got an SMS, top up 1490bht today for another year. It was in Thai of course, but I did and they did.

It’s a long time since the 15 Mbps Marathon SIM was 1490. That’s the price of the 8 Mbps product. It sounds as if it’s the first time you’ve renewed it, so how come it was 1490 baht for you but 1790 baht for the other poster in the same situation? A year ago it was 1790 baht or thereabouts.  That’s confusing, but a very good result if accurate. 

13 hours ago, jason6764 said:

I have been using Gomo for around 2 years, I have found the best option is to buy the 99 baht 10gb package which gives you 12 months validity, the 10gb is for the whole year so not much use. You can then buy the on top unlimited monthly package for 149 baht, it says it's restricted to 10 Mbps but mine never has been. You do need a Thai person to register the sim card.

gomo.jpg

Run a speed test using https://testmy.net/

Some other ‘popular’ speed tests will show you inaccurate results for some mobile networks. 

12 minutes ago, NextG said:

It’s a long time since the 15 Mbps Marathon SIM was 1490. That’s the price of the 8 Mbps product. It sounds as if it’s the first time you’ve renewed it, so how come it was 1490 baht for you but 1790 baht for the other poster in the same situation? A year ago it was 1790 baht or thereabouts.  That’s confusing, but a very good result if accurate. 

No idea why the price difference.

Maybe they could read my mind as I browsed the dtac Sims.

On 12/21/2023 at 5:38 PM, norbra said:

DTAC not so good in my area,currently 4/4 on my tv box. Current phone is1 year sim AIS unlimited but latest offerings, apart from Gomo , have data limits that are unsuitable and double the price of my current sim.

Found Gomo while searching Lazada.

There are still quite a few annual unlimited data offers out there. From every network other than AIS. AIS has only monthly for new subscribers.