Level of IO scrutiny at Krabi, Pattaya and Samui

Pattaya and Krabi have flights from Dubai, and Samui from Singapore and Hong Kong.

As an American with a long history of EDU visas, I typically enter Thailand through Chiang Mai. I come in on Tourist and convert to EDU.

Are Pattaya, Krabi, and Samui low on immigration officer scrutiny like Chiang Mai? Or more like BKK, DMK and Phuket?

• Confused 4

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on the day, officer etc.  Every time in the past coming back via an airport,  some officers had commented by the number of stamps in my passport and I've told them straight that I'm not working here when I can earn 4 to 5 times more back in the UK and spend my earnings here in Thailand.  Then they just stamp my passport, give a smile and let me thorough. 

On 12/25/2023 at 4:42 PM, Hal65 said:

Pattaya and Krabi have flights from Dubai, and Samui from Singapore and Hong Kong.

As an American with a long history of EDU visas, I typically enter Thailand through Chiang Mai. I come in on Tourist and convert to EDU.

Are Pattaya, Krabi, and Samui low on immigration officer scrutiny like Chiang Mai? Or more like BKK, DMK and Phuket?

I came back through krabi and it seemed pretty relaxed.........I guess krabi should be more relaxed than BKK but who knows, if you can get cheap flights go for krabi