Thai Woman Offers Lessons On How To Rip Off/ Deceive Foreigners

MangoKorat

45 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

would just ask those people to consider that some of the men involved are very vulnerable and some of these girls can be very cunning. Whether its stupidity or not, its wrong and I believe may possibly be criminal - if the intent from the start is to defraud

Don't pay more than the market rate and you will rarely be disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of many years ago, no internet, email, etc.

I was on holiday here with a girl I met in Pattaya. All fine, I didn't want to marry her.

When I was back home, I received a litter from her. It was printed and looked like this:

Hello _________

How are you? I miss you. And I miss our great time in _________________ last _______________

(to be continued)

She sent me the printed form which she was supposed to fill out with my data and send it to me handwritten.

So, it seems, some girls teaching others how to do that exist already since a very long time.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Don't pay more than the market rate and you will rarely be disappointed.

Patronize P4P establishments instead of negotiating on the fly in bars.  Then it's a rub, a tug, and whatever else you want and then off to do whatever you wish afterwards without an anchor in tow.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MangoKorat said:

A Thai woman, I believe from Bangkok and with a Danish husband is on the Tik Tok platform giving advice to Thai women on how they can find a foreigner, how to get money out of them and how to deceive them.  She tells them the basics on things like running 2 or 3 husbands/boyfriends at the same time, what to say/how to act to keep their interest and generally how to rip them off.

Yep.  I could explain those scams to you myself.  That is reality here.  But?  Howl until the cows come home and it changes nothing.

Caveat emptor.  Buyer beware. 

I think a very smart move which many girls seem to know is to let the guy suggest spending money.

I.e. they tell him the buffalo is sick. And the guy asks if he can help, maybe pay for the buffalo doctor and medicine.

They tell him their house is old and when it rains its wet inside. No problem honey, I can pay for the repair.

How many guys gave money to their girl because she demanded it, and how many gave her money to help her and make her happy?

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, connda said:

Yep.  I could explain those scams to you myself.

I don't need them explaining thanks, I'm fully aware of them - as are most people with any association with Thailand.  However, my point is that this woman is brazen enough to ply her trade on Social Media - just in case you missed that.

Thankully the page has been taken down for now - no doubt she'll be back though.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How many guys gave money to their girl because she demanded it, and how many gave her money to help her and make her happy?

What I find puts the fakes off is when they realise that they can't get anything that they think you have.  My house is my own, I didn't buy it whilst I was married and the channote is in the name of a trusted friend.  If I was to marry again, I wouldn't 'donate' anything to the 'pot' unless I was prepared to lose it.

The guy I bought my house from (English) took things a stage further - he registered a foreign mortgage on the house in favour of himself with the mortgagor being his wife and ran 2 million baht through her bank account to match. (Not all Land Offices will accept a foreign mortgage)

Some guys seem to think they are impressing Thai women by showing their wealth - very likely to backfire and almost certain to attract the wrong sort.

I learned of my ex wife's real aims through various means, one of which was from a friend who works at the local Land Office. Apparently my (ex) wife had been there checking out the channote.  That would explain her sudden loss of interest and theft of my car very shortly afterwards - no house, no chance of getting her hands on it. Unlike many who think they've no chance, I pressed charges and she was summoned to court.  Realising that she was facing prison, she settled before court.

But yes, they do have a way of making men suggest they help out finacially - something I've learned to just ignore. However, once that starts - its time to move on.

There are no hard and fast rules but I believe that if you meet a Thai woman on a dating site, you have a very high chance of meeting a 'wrong un'. Most are not so smart though and with a little experience, its pretty easy to 'weed' most of the scammers out before you even meet them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Part of the problem is that of very high expectations . My Thai GF has pointed out a couple of very large houses that probably cost 10-15 million bt . in the local small  town , built by Farangs ,  hinting that she would like the same .

Lots of cashed-up retirees heady to Thailand with big final salary pensions . The days of 10 k bt, per month have long gone .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timendres said:

Indeed. As is the lore handed down from girl to girl in every gogo bar since time immemorial.

Yawn, I'm not a newcomer, I'm fully aware of all that.  What I'm suprised about is that these people have the nerve to open Social Media accounts and conduct their business so openly.  How many times recently have we seen the Thai government taking action against anyone who brings Thailand into disrepute online because of their perceived worries about the effect on an already fragile tourist market?

This woman was apperently offering 'coaching' on lying and how to deal with situations such as when 2 husbands want to visit at the same time.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

One day, about 20 years ago before wifi became ubiquitous, I was in an internet place on Suk Soi 4 waiting my turn.  One of the girls who worked there would write emails for the gals who couldn't write English, and there was one old gal dictating to her that she is so in love with the recipient that she "cannot eeeeeeeat, cannot sleeeep!"

The one opposite The Dynasty?

Around the same amount of years ago I was in there when a girl asked me for help with a 'sick buffalo' letter' I couldn't help myself from laughing when I saw she'd CC'd it to several 'boyfriends' - I didn't have the heart (or the will) to advise her of her mistake. :biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1