Central Plaza Nakhon sawan.

nong38

2 hours ago, nong38 said:

Central Plaza in Nakhon Sawan due to open 31st January.

It’s incredible how fast they build these big complex’s. Looking forward to some quality shopping soon, let’s hope it’s not full of the usual mobile phone & accessories junk 

On 12/28/2023 at 1:25 PM, twizzian said:

It’s incredible how fast they build these big complex’s. Looking forward to some quality shopping soon, let’s hope it’s not full of the usual mobile phone & accessories junk 

Where is it, it's not the BigC Mall is it? Is it where Lotus is nearby?

Its opposite McDonalds, southbound carriageway. There will be a Burger King and a lot of the other usual Central Group shops, Tops, B2B, Powerbuy, Sports whatever it is. Expect it to be very busy getting in and out for the first 3 weeks, I must have my photo of being there you know how it is.

I also notice there is now a Makro at the Lotus complex just north of Nakhon Sawan on the KKP /Tak Road, southbound.

• Like 1

Just a point of information and about access to the site if you coming from the south past BIG C, go through the next set of lights, the 117 turn off, you will then come to a U-Turn but this is just before the entrance to the new Central Plaza, you will need to go to the next st of lights to do the U-Turn..

• 1 month later...

We went to the Central Mall yesterday and thoroughly underwhelmed by it. The signage is poor, boards tell you what is in the place but not on what floor. The Banks will be there next month. The food court is not as big as Big C and more expensive. The ranges seem to be smaller than other Centrals I have been to and that goes for TOPS as well and no Burger King as their website said  there would be, maybe it will appear later.

V Square/Big C seems to have better offers and a wider range. Yamazaki bakery offers bread in Big C but not at Central, just cakes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 11:17 AM, nong38 said:

Its opposite McDonalds, southbound carriageway. There will be a Burger King and a lot of the other usual Central Group shops, Tops, B2B, Powerbuy, Sports whatever it is. Expect it to be very busy getting in and out for the first 3 weeks, I must have my photo of being there you know how it is.

I also notice there is now a Makro at the Lotus complex just north of Nakhon Sawan on the KKP /Tak Road, southbound.

Another Makro, that's helpful, hope it sells the same things as the Makro on the 225. The Makro in Phichit is a poor one, they do not sell all the same things as the one in Nakhon Sawan.

On 12/31/2023 at 9:23 AM, nong38 said:

Just a point of information and about access to the site if you coming from the south past BIG C, go through the next set of lights, the 117 turn off, you will then come to a U-Turn but this is just before the entrance to the new Central Plaza, you will need to go to the next st of lights to do the U-Turn..

So it is actually on the 117?

On 2/27/2024 at 12:05 PM, NoshowJones said:

No its on the main road past BIG C, past McDonalds and then U Turn at the next set of lights AH1 I think the roads is.

On 2/27/2024 at 12:05 PM, NoshowJones said:

No its on the main road past BIG C, past McDonalds and then U Turn at the next set of lights AH1 I think the roads is.

1 minute ago, nong38 said:

I think I have it Nong, I will be there on Monday.

On the off chance, do you know where the big AIS store at The Walk shopping centre has moved to?

No never go to the walk but there is one downstairs in the basement at BIG C last time I looked, AIS and DTAC are the same now do not know it they are or will be moving over to the new Central.

On 2/27/2024 at 12:00 PM, NoshowJones said:

Another Makro, that's helpful, hope it sells the same things as the Makro on the 225. The Makro in Phichit is a poor one, they do not sell all the same things as the one in Nakhon Sawan.

Smaller selection but might be easier if you want local stuf and you live north otherwise probably not worth the bother, my wife wont entertain even looking at it!

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2024 at 11:19 AM, NoshowJones said:

I think I have it Nong, I will be there on Monday.

On the off chance, do you know where the big AIS store at The Walk shopping centre has moved to?

I was told it's near the bus station, is that correct.?

3 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

I was told it's near the bus station, is that correct.?

Yes and it is very easy to get lost in it, both inside and outside.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is true but I wonder if it was the right move, sitting in McDonalds and watching the number of cars entering the Central Plaza, well there are no queues and going straight in to park with no waiting, the initial hype is over, there is only a certain amount of money to spend and now places to spend it rather tha one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went here the week before last and apart from the eateries and a couple of people i gold shops there was a distinct lack of business being done.

Went to the floor where the banks and IT shops are,NO CUSTOMERS in any of them. People walking around, well a few but the A/C is free do not see how they making it work.

Over at BIG C went this week twice, car park and motorbike park about 80% full and again eateries doing ok but the shops are not busy and afew more stand alone in a marked floor area have lost a few more. The Walk is reported as very quiet. NS has a big catchment area maybe 60km in each direction but there is only a finite amount of money there to spend and opening Central affects that it taken trade away from others but my guess is on one is making much money and with sight of up to 80% off banners re enforces that.

V Square/ BIG C seems to be our best option for getting in and out and for what we want to buy so we will continue to go there, crossing the main road to go to Central is a pain and I do wonder if Central is living up to expectations? From what I see it has not IMO.

• Like 1