Do I Need Ubc?

Monkeypants

I have seen recent threads on here regarding UBC and the changing of sports packages etc.

I am moving to Thailand in September and can't survive without my Footy and F1.

My questions are.

Do I need UBC to be able to view the above, are there alternatives? ( I will be in rural Thailand, no ADSL etc)

How long does it take from ordering a new system to it being installed?

Is there a basic cost to pay including sattelite dish reciever and installation and how much is it?

Can I pay for a years subscription up front and what package would I need.

Thanks people.

Hi, you will read lots of stories about UBC being terrible for this or that reason. When I lived in the UK it was SKY TV. First thing to remember is TIT. Second lots of things are repeated, They are repeated on any satelit or cable channel. If you just want to watch a bit of footy or F1 or a bit of light entertainment its good. We have the platinum package which they have just added some extra channels to and it costs 2200 baht a month. I find as an occasional watcher I can always find something to watch. Lots of documentaries and the BBC entertainment channel has some good stuff on as well. If you are going to sit in front of it 24-7 you will get sick quickly. OH and when it rains hard you loose the signal, but when you think about it you would wouldnt you!!!!! Go into your local UBC shop and ask what promotions they have at the moment, They always have some deal. We got a remote sensor link so Its piped to another room and I can still use the remote to change channels for about 1500 baht and they installed it all the day after signing up. Hope it helped, enjoy :o

I have seen recent threads on here regarding UBC and the changing of sports packages etc.

I am moving to Thailand in September and can't survive without my Footy and F1.

My questions are.

Do I need UBC to be able to view the above, are there alternatives? ( I will be in rural Thailand, no ADSL etc)

How long does it take from ordering a new system to it being installed?

Is there a basic cost to pay including sattelite dish reciever and installation and how much is it?

Can I pay for a years subscription up front and what package would I need.

Thanks people.

It was reported elsewhere that on the Gold package the top 4 teams..Man u,Chelsea,Liverpool,Arsenal will be included each week.If true,the extra matches on Platinum may be considered expensive.

Frankly I am surprised if it happens this way because the need for the more expensive package isnt very worthwhile...unless of course you are a Derby,Birmingham,Fulham supporter.

One question mark must be Man City,will the Thai authorities be pleased to gine Thiaskin any publicity???

• 1 month later...