Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

CM Appointment Still Valid?

ProbPossConf

A previous post several months ago informed an expat their appointment for business at immigration was waylaid denying service at the central counter within the building, had to go back outside to the "tent" for processing and obtain a queue number for the central counter.  This was adversely contradicted to the privilege of securing an appointment date to "fast track" the service.

Has anyone encounter this problem or was able to go directly to the counter claiming you was granted an appointment?

Please limit your responses only if you had utilize the appointment system for Chiang Mai. 

I had an appointment (for annual extension based on retirement) December 7th and went immediately to the central counter as I did the prior year; however, they then told me I first had to go to the outside "tent" and get a queue number from the people there before returning to the central counter.  Was almost late for the appointment.  And, yea, I was not thrilled about it.

My advice to those having an appointment is to get there at least a half hour early as it takes some time to get through the hordes getting initial approval and queue numbers from the outside group.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ProbPossConf said:

CMBob...What transpired when you went to the tent.  Did you have to get a tent queue number, were your documents checked, did mentioning you had an appointment allowed you to jump the tent queue?

We went through this in November - luckily one of the 'tent' IOs was not serving, so we gave docs to him saying we have an appointment, he checked then gave a ticket so we could be accepted inside.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ProbPossConf said:

CMBob...What transpired when you went to the tent.  Did you have to get a tent queue number, were your documents checked, did mentioning you had an appointment allowed you to jump the tent queue?

All my paperwork was in order and the tent person quickly scanned through them and gave me a queue number.  My mentioning that I had an appointment didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm not sure what you mention about a "tent queue number" as I just went up to the people up front and somewhat wormed my way to a window after a few minutes.  If they're giving queue numbers just to see the "tent people", I skipped that process and jumped in a short line before the tent people tables. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CMBob said:

All my paperwork was in order and the tent person quickly scanned through them and gave me a queue number.  My mentioning that I had an appointment didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm not sure what you mention about a "tent queue number" as I just went up to the people up front and somewhat wormed my way to a window after a few minutes.  If they're giving queue numbers just to see the "tent people", I skipped that process and jumped in a short line before the tent people tables. 

So your that special a hole that cut in front of those of us that were in line waiting for our que number to be called.

Edited by Skipalongcassidy

7 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

So your that special a hole that cut in front of those of us that were in line waiting for our que number to be called.

Real nice.  As I said, I got in the short line to one before the line people's table. Was only a couple of people ahead of me and and it took 5-7 minutes or so.

Same Same but different

I was NOT told to go to the tent que on my arrival at that old covid gate shack out front. 

After waiting in the front counter que for over 10 minutes, I was ten minutes early as instructed. I was told they could process it but I would have to return the next day to get it. I had given them my name, docs etc. assuming I was on a list of some sort. Obviously not! I  showed them my appointment which I had on my phone. Rather flustered they then told me to go around to the back copy & TM30 shack, to have my appointment time printed out, YES they needed a hard copy of my bleeding appointment time (!)  then have the tent people check them. Yet another que. On my return from the back shack, the tent people looked at all docs, the docs that the center que lady had already checked & vetted.  GARF. 

Yet another 2 & a half hour plus non o extemsion with an APPOINTMENT. At least it is not the dawn patrol of fives years back, but no praise at all for their appointment system which has yet to deliver what it promises. 

Edited by Dcheech
  • Thumbs Up 1

Having to run the visa gauntlets so many times so far, i can tell you that the system has to get better, just like they did with the arrival cards, entering and leaving the country, so is the mess in the IMMG. department has to be streamlined, where's one has to present a mountain of documents and evidences, wait for hours while your documents and passport goes from desk to desk and a buckets of ink is stamped on them, I have waited over an hour just for the re-entry stamp the other day and that on top of the 3 hours for the non-o permit...

Edited by ezzra

1 hour ago, Dcheech said:

Rather flustered they then told me to go around to the back copy & TM30 shack, to have my appointment time printed out,

Is exactly why the Tent People are there appointment or not, so as not to waste people’s time making everyone wait because of unprepared people clogging up the IO.

19 minutes ago, novacova said:

s exactly why the Tent People are there appointment or not, so as not to waste people’s time making everyone wait because of unprepared people clogging up the IO.

& thanks for the insight. However if you read the post, how would I have known? Telepathy? I was not told to go to the tent first and I went through the covid gate. It seems they could not be bothered to tell me where to go. You should get on this. I expect better next year. 

Happy Holidays

I’ve never encountered any issues or problems with the cm IO or the IO’s employees, pre-tent days or the during the tent era. Any issues were of my own making, forgetting to sign or print a form, minor and nothing to complain about concerning the way the IO processes business. Though some make it tough on themselves for whatever reason. 

Happy holidays to you too!

3 minutes ago, novacova said:

I’ve never encountered any issues or problems with the cm IO or the IO’s employees, pre-tent days or the during the tent era. Any issues were of my own making, forgetting to sign or print a form, minor and nothing to complain about concerning the way the IO processes business. Though some make it tough on themselves for whatever reason. 

Happy holidays to you too!

Just pulled what my online notification reply from IO - All was broght, all directions followed. I can understand finding somethng/anything to carp about is deeply important in your life.                             ..BTW  -  No mention of the printed hard copy of the appointment in list.

Here is hoping you find something to carp about this New Years. 

Happy Holidays

Additional Information
Please arrive 10 minutes early for your scheduled appointment.

Documents to be submitted

1. Application form
2. Copy of applicant’s passport
3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or
4. Account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook
5. Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4 stated above.
6.Copy of foreigner registration certificate (TM.30)
7. Departure card (TM.6)
8.Notification 90 days report appointment.

2 hours ago, Dcheech said:

Just pulled what my online notification reply from IO - All was broght, all directions followed. I can understand finding somethng/anything to carp about is deeply important in your life.                             ..BTW  -  No mention of the printed hard copy of the appointment in list.

Here is hoping you find something to carp about this New Years. 

Happy Holidays

Nothing at the IO is really worth getting worked up about over such a menial task. Though some get overwhelmed unnerved about minor inconveniences and can’t handle it, is probably why many use agents 

• Like 1