Booking cancelled

Good morning and happy new year.

Owner has the right to cancel a reservation (deposit with invoice of it provided by him) just three days before the check in date? There was no written deal, just whatsapp texts between us. Thank you.

The owner can do whatever he likes, staying short term in a condo is illegal so you dont have a leg to stand on.

Stay in a legal lisensed hotel and you will have all the protection of the law, or actually sign a lease on a property and you will have the protection of the law. Otherwise, you dont have a reservation and you would not be checking in as its not a hotel, it sounds like illegal short term rental..

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Mika78 said:

Owner has the right to cancel a reservation (deposit with invoice of it provided by him) just three days before the check in date? There was no written deal, just whatsapp texts between us. Thank you.

Did you book through the owner direct or through a online platform like booking.com? 

1 hour ago, Mika78 said:

Why make things so hard for yourself?

Book using Agoda/Booking.com/Airbnb like everyone else.

No need to ever deal with flaky owners.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

You seem to have so many problems.

You are either trying to do things the wrong way, totally naive or your posts are fake.

You recent threads.

Booking accommodation problem

Hotel checkin strange situation 

Using wise to email address

Moneygram problem 

Western Union problem

Overstay

Blacklist

Finding medicine problem

200000 scam

I don't understand your comment as

1) The booking accommodation question seems to me a normal question as never faced this situation. I don't see what I do wrong.

2) Hotel checking strange situation: what I do wrong asking check in procedures I never saw before?

3) What I do wrong asking if is possible that wise allows transferring money using only email?

4) Moneygram problem and Western Union problem: what I do wrong asking how to act? I am not smart as you are, so people take advantage of me.

5) Overstay is not my issue 

6) Blacklist is not my issue

7) Pointing the medicine finding problem is your piece of art

8) This is the worst one I went though.

We are all not smart as you are Sir, and I am very stupid. So sorry, but is not my fault. I born in this way.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mika78 said:

I don't understand your comment as

1) The booking accommodation question seems to me a normal question as never faced this situation. I don't see what I do wrong.

2) Hotel checking strange situation: what I do wrong asking check in procedures I never saw before?

3) What I do wrong asking if is possible that wise allows transferring money using only email?

4) Moneygram problem and Western Union problem: what I do wrong asking how to act? I am not smart as you are, so people take advantage of me.

5) Overstay is not my issue 

6) Blacklist is not my issue

7) Pointing the medicine finding problem is your piece of art

8) This is the worst one I went though.

We are all not smart as you are Sir, and I am very stupid. So sorry, but is not my fault. I born in this way.

My comment was because you seem to have more problems in a few months, than most normal/sensible person would have in a life time.

Yes you posts make you look silly, you are either trying to do everything by the most complicated way possible or your a drama queen, trying to fake half truths.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 7:28 AM, Peterw42 said:

The owner can do whatever he likes, staying short term in a condo is illegal so you dont have a leg to stand on.

Stay in a legal lisensed hotel and you will have all the protection of the law, or actually sign a lease on a property and you will have the protection of the law. Otherwise, you dont have a reservation and you would not be checking in as its not a hotel, it sounds like illegal short term rental..

''Staying short term in a condo is illegal'' ehh no it is not at all, it is in fact illegal for the landlord to sublet it, not for a person to pay that and stay at the place. The same counts for the duty to report a foreigner staying at any place, this duty is with the landlord again. Do you just suck things out of your thumb?

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 12/30/2023 at 8:49 AM, BritManToo said:

Why make things so hard for yourself?

Book using Agoda/Booking.com/Airbnb like everyone else.

No need to ever deal with flaky owners.

You not been to the islands many times then I guess, most deals are done Person to Person. You won't even find a place otherwise, except for hotels of course.