Police Chief wants the age of criminal responsibility lowered to 12 after the Siam Paragon case debacle

webfact

I agree that there should not be any exemption for criminal responsibility. If a child 10 years old or older kills someone,

they should be held responsible and have to spend lots of jail time.  The chief did not say anything about executions.

Some people need to learn to read the whole article, before commenting. Lawyers should do their jobs in upholding the laws of the country and 

quit trying to get everyone off the hook, including children who kill.

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why is someone who mentions that Thailand hasn't executed anyone for years a 'smarta@%' (according to you)? I look forward to your answer, because I don't understand but am always willing to learn. 

Most expats here are well aware that people are not currently being executed in Thailand. My comment was not intended to be taken literally... even so, your information was incorrect. You stated that no one has been executed in Thailand for 2 decades demonstrating you don't know what you're talking about. The last execution was undertaken in June 2018. Even if you're not a smarta@%, you certainly were ignorant. If you try to correct someone for a perceived error, at least provide accurate information.

15 hours ago, Srikcir said:

No state prosecutes juveniles as adults on felony charges more than Florida, where 4446 children have been charged over the past five years.

Nearly 2,00,000 children are tried in adult criminal courts in the United States each year and held in adult prisons. The United States’ criminal justice system allows prosecutors to charge minors with grave penalties without taking into account their age and adolescence.

In the United States the age varies between states, being as low as 6 years in North Carolina and as high as 12 years in California, Massachusetts, and Utah, at least for most crimes; 11 years is the minimum age for federal crimes.

It doesn't seem to be working out too well in a country where mass shootings are so commonplace these days that we hardly even flinch when they are reported. The problem in the USA is the ease of getting hold of a gun where there are 120.5 firearms in civilian possession for every 100 residents. It's not difficult for children to get their hands on guns.