Thai woman challenges traditional roles with refusal to iron husband’s clothes

webfact

If she is working full-time I don't think she needs to be ironing his clothes, the mother-in-law should be ironing his clothes insteqd of moaning all the time. She needs a good slap or kick. My woman only irons my clothes on occasion when I need something special. We send most of my shirts out and my shirts come back on hangers beautifully pressed. And not expensive. 

I bought an iron for ironing my clothes.

But, it doesn't get hot enough and often drips when I push the steam button.

This is why I take my shirts, sheets, trousers, and pillowcases to the professional guys (men) who steam press everything.

In Thailand, this is what everybody should do.

2 points

1/ why be married if one is never at home except to "rest"

2/ as long as she told hubby to be that she would not iron his clothes BEFORE getting married it's OK not to do so.

I can't stand women that pretend to do certain things to get married ( like ironing, cooking, house cleaning and having lots of sex etc ), till they get the bit of paper, and then show their true colours.

My theory on my partner's wants, was that if she wanted them, she did them. I'd bring the laundry in if she was at work, but ironing, never.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

If she is working full-time I don't think she needs to be ironing his clothes, the mother-in-law should be ironing his clothes insteqd of moaning all the time. She needs a good slap or kick. My woman only irons my clothes on occasion when I need something special. We send most of my shirts out and my shirts come back on hangers beautifully pressed. And not expensive. 

I bought my wife a washing machine ( not a cheap one either ) as she wouldn't use a laundry, but she still insisted on washing her clothes by hand before putting them in the washing machine! She didn't insist on me washing them by hand so why would I care though?

23 hours ago, webfact said:

It was noted that the mother-in-law would usually iron her son’s clothes before their marriage. However, after the wedding, she seemed to expect the daughter-in-law to take on this task. The woman expressed her confusion and frustration, as her husband had never ironed his clothes before.

Mother in-law should have taught him to iron, wash his clothes, and cook when he was younger, then booted him out when he finished his studying, either school or Uni, as we did with ours, so that they could look after themselves.

She sounds like a doting mother, got to feel for the wife, she should GTF out of there, ASAP.

My wife does everything, including the plumbing, not because I won't help her, she just won't have it, however of late, she agrees for me to hang out and bring in the clothes, clearing the table after dinner, bringing in the big water bottles after delivery once a week, driving the kids to school and putting the garbage out.

She only agreed to this change about a year ago as I told her that I my rear end was getting sore sitting on it most of the time not doing anything, that said, it did take over a decade for her to agree to the change.

I have to admit that It was VERY hard ALL of those years being told that I can't do anything because I was a useless, good for nothing farang, only good for making money.

Yes I know, they broke the mould when they made this one:stoner:

15 hours ago, RobU said:

You left home at 17 to get away from your traditional Mother in Law? So you abandoned your first wife because of her traditional Mother were you both 16 when you first got married or was she older? 🤣😂🤣

My apologies - too much festive wine! I should have said "STEPMOTHER"! Sorry, or in the current vernacular - "My bad"

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, sambum said:

My apologies - too much festive wine! I should have said "STEPMOTHER"! Sorry, or in the current vernacular - "My bad"

No worries I was being facetious I knew you had made an error but couldn't resist posting. Have a good year

Who irons clothes these days?  Before I buy anything, the first thing I check is if it needs to be ironed.  If it does, I don't buy it.  Good for her, refusing to iron.  Hubby needs to buy no-iron or iron his clothes himself.  And, wash them, too.

23 hours ago, Spamhead said:

Just sounds like the MIL spoiling for a fight. A good advert if it were ever needed not to live with or near  In-Laws.

Could be, but it sounds more like a mother that has standards as to how her children and family should be dresxsed and look when they leave the house as well as what certain responsibilities are 

Remember, Mom is not living in Bangkok or the big city. She is living in the country where the duties and responsibilities are more defined.

On 1/4/2024 at 6:47 AM, webfact said:

Still, his mother never complained about him, instead directing her criticisms towards her daughter-in-law. She questioned why her husband couldn’t occasionally iron his clothes, as they share other household chores.

WHAT!!!!!! Are you losing it?????? My son?...........my prins?????? How dear you even ask him to do it. 

And there we go again.

That's the modern generation through out the world. In the past if the wife did not properly take care of the husband, (including ironing clothes) she was out the door!