Cambodian Visa Run companies - which border do all these go to?

In Pattaya, you see all these Visa Run companies & travel agencies advertising Cambodian Visa Runs. Which border do these companies go to?

We read on this forum to avoid the Poipet border but isn't the Poipet / Sa Kaeo border the closest one?

I did many such trips, always went to Ban Laem (3CPW+93W จบ.4033 Thep Nimit, Pong Nam Ron District, Chanthaburi 22140). 

Closer than Poipet i would think.  It was some years back but I don't suppose anything much has changed., 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I did many such trips, always went to Ban Laem (3CPW+93W จบ.4033 Thep Nimit, Pong Nam Ron District, Chanthaburi 22140). 

Closer than Poipet i would think.  It was some years back but I don't suppose anything much has changed., 

Roughly how many hours to reach there from Pattaya?

19 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

They seem to prefer Ban Laem to Ban Pakard. 

Any particular reasons? Seems a little bit further on the map travel wise.

46 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

They seem to prefer Ban Laem to Ban Pakard. 

I've used both previously (from Chanthaburi) there is a 5km distance difference.

Ban Laem is 5km further - my guess is as it's the bigger border crossing, more staff, faster processing.

12 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

I've used both previously (from Chanthaburi) there is a 5km distance difference.

Ban Laem is 5km further - my guess is as it's the bigger border crossing, more staff, faster processing.

Yes. At Ban Pakkard, or rather on the Cambodian side (Phsar Prum), it can be a real challenge to track down the officer who issues the visa on arrival at times. That can add quite some unpredictable time waiting to the process.