Intel Core i5-12600KF CPU: Opinions? Best Mainboard for it? Where is Lowest Price Thailand?

Hi Folks,

Someone here has been talking about upgrading an Acer laptop computer.

But, for me, a desktop makes better sense.

I don't walkabout with a laptop. 

And, I have a Note4 in case I must communicate while away from home.

I think the Intel Core i5-12600KF Processor is plenty for my needs, and I hate computer gaming.  And, I am not into computer assisted design of any kind.

So..... The only questions are....

a. Where to buy this CPU cheapest.

b. If I wanted an ASUS main board, then could I save by buying a combo with this CPU and any reliable main board from ASUS?

c. Are there any special ways to get a Windows OS super cheap here in Thailand?  I think I will opt for a Genuine Windows OS, this time, although I have never used Genuine in the past.

Basically, I just intend to build a desktop computer that will take the place of my aging ACER Laptop which I purchased for USD500 in HongKong in 2015.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

I am no longer that much interested in computers as I used to be, either the hardware or the software.

I just want to quickly build a fairly fast computer with 16GBytes of Ram, and a 4TByte HDD, plus install the OS on a 512GByte Samsung SSD.

And, a cheap power supply, of course.

Trying to stay below about USD500.00, which is what I paid for the ACER laptop in 2015.

Normally, in the past, I shopped at JIB.

But, this time, I might not.

Regards,

Gamma

NOTE:  It's imperative that I have GPU on the CPU, onboard.  I hate GPUs that always seem to overheat and burn up, and I cannot tolerate needless fans inside the computer box, whirring and whirring.  SolidState cooling is the ONLY way to go....(for me)....

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Hi Folks,

Someone here has been talking about upgrading an Acer laptop computer.

But, for me, a desktop makes better sense.

I don't walkabout with a laptop. 

And, I have a Note4 in case I must communicate while away from home.

I think the Intel Core i5-12600KF Processor is plenty for my needs, and I hate computer gaming.  And, I am not into computer assisted design of any kind.

So..... The only questions are....

a. Where to buy this CPU cheapest.

b. If I wanted an ASUS main board, then could I save by buying a combo with this CPU and any reliable main board from ASUS?

c. Are there any special ways to get a Windows OS super cheap here in Thailand?  I think I will opt for a Genuine Windows OS, this time, although I have never used Genuine in the past.

Basically, I just intend to build a desktop computer that will take the place of my aging ACER Laptop which I purchased for USD500 in HongKong in 2015.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

I am no longer that much interested in computers as I used to be, either the hardware or the software.

I just want to quickly build a fairly fast computer with 16GBytes of Ram, and a 4TByte HDD, plus install the OS on a 512GByte Samsung SSD.

And, a cheap power supply, of course.

Trying to stay below about USD500.00, which is what I paid for the ACER laptop in 2015.

Normally, in the past, I shopped at JIB.

But, this time, I might not.

Regards,

Gamma

NOTE:  It's imperative that I have GPU on the CPU, onboard.  I hate GPUs that always seem to overheat and burn up, and I cannot tolerate needless fans inside the computer box, whirring and whirring.  SolidState cooling is the ONLY way to go....(for me)....

If you want gpu onboard CPU then you need to avoid the F version of the CPU as these do not have integrated graphics.

24 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

If you want gpu onboard CPU then you need to avoid the F version of the CPU as these do not have integrated graphics.

Yes.  Correct.

I recall that K designates ability to overclock.

So, F means no GPU onboard CPU....?  (I forgot to check this on this CPU. Tks.)

Integrated graphics is imperative, for me, at least.

I hate wasting money on buying a GPU card....since.....I have no use for enhanced graphics capability.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's always funny when people who have no idea about PCs want to build one from parts which they want to buy cheap.

Just buy a fully assembled and working computer, with warranty, problem solved. 

I love it when those who read my Topics think I am funny.

I am a real card.

You are correct that one can sometimes buy an assembled computer for less, and with better performance.

But, during the time I have lived in Thailand, and in Taiwan, I have found it more cost-effective to just assemble my own crappola, and know what I am getting.

So far, this strategy has worked very well for me, since around 1990, about 35 years.

And, please let us, you and I, not forget that I attended the Moore School at the University of Pennsylvania....where I never saw even one Moor who had read Othello.

image.png.5a78bd139566e7ca478d20b0f967e55c.png

Here at this school, we spent much time on Sorting and Searching of Trees.....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

42 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's always funny when people who have no idea about PCs want to build one from parts which they want to buy cheap.

Just buy a fully assembled and working computer, with warranty, problem solved. 

I do NOT buy cheap components, by the way.

Not sure these days is cheaper to build your own  ?

How about something like this

https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/64460/1400/COMPUTERSET-JIB-MARU-2401008    11.800 baht

or 

https://www.advice.co.th/product/computer-set-intel/set-intel/คอมประกอบ-advice-computer-set-intel-i228-i3-13100-no-vga  11,350 baht

Shops everywhere so no problems..

The Intel i5 is classed as a gaming rig why would you need ?

Myself am a AMD man, Never had Intel ever.. many Desktops + Laptop over the years.

https://www.advice.co.th/product/computer-set-amd/set-amd/คอมประกอบ-advice-computer-set-amd-a140-ryzen-5-5600g-no-vga   10.750 baht more than meets your needs ? 

or even this one  https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/64451/1400/COMPUTERSET-JIB-MARU-2401001   8,990 baht

on AMD 'G' after the CPU number = onboard graphics NO VGA needed