Chatgpt generated Thai stories

kokesaat

• 3 weeks later...

I've done about 10 stories using chatgpt.  Now, when I create a story, I add a second 'command' in chatgpt asking it to create 10 questions in Thai language to check my comprehension of the story.  Works great.

You can make your question specific to a topic, if you wish.  Such as, "create a 1000 word story in Thai language about a poor farmer family living in the northeast of Thailand" or "create a 500 word story in Thai language using vocabulary needed to get a haircut' or vocabulary needed to go to a bank and open an account or go to the electric authorities to complain about electrical problems in the neighborhood.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

More on Chatgpt and Thai language learning.  I gave chatgpt a few lines of Thai script that I typed from a short file and asked for corrections.  This the reply:

check my spelling นี้คือเช้าวันจันทร์ของวันที่อยี่สิบหกสิงหาคมวันนี้เลยครับ เมื่อคืนฟนตกหนักมากตอนทึงตอนช้าว ตอนนี้ฟนยังตกอยู่น่าแต่แค่บอยๆ สงใสวันนี้คงจะตกทางวันครับ ผมสงภาพสงวิเดียวมาให้ดู มันอากาศช้าววัที่อยีสิบหกเลย สดๆ นี่เลยครับ

ChatGPT said:

ChatGPT

Here’s the corrected text:

Corrected Text: นี้คือเช้าวันจันทร์ของวันที่ยี่สิบหกสิงหาคมวันนี้เลยครับ เมื่อคืนฝนตกหนักมากตั้งแต่ตอนถึงตอนเช้า ตอนนี้ฝนยังตกอยู่ แต่แค่เบาๆ สงสัยวันนี้คงจะตกทั้งวันครับ ผมส่งภาพส่งวิดีโอมาให้ดู มันคืออากาศเช้าวันที่ยี่สิบหกเลย สดๆ นี่เลยครับ

Corrections:

1. "อยี่สิบหก" → "ยี่สิบหก"
  2. "ฟน" → "ฝน" (twice)
  3. "ทึงตอนช้าว" → "ตั้งแต่ตอนถึงตอนเช้า"
  4. "แค่บอยๆ" → "แค่เบาๆ"
  5. "สงใส" → "สงสัย"
  6. "สงภาพสงวิเดียว" → "ส่งภาพส่งวิดีโอ"
  7. "ช้าววั" → "เช้าวัน"
  8. "อยี" → "ยี่"          Pretty cool stuff!
  • Thanks 1

I'm waiting for AI to be able to take the text and covert it to natural Thai language.  Haven't found that yet.  Hard enough to find text to natural English.

• 1 month later...

What I resent in ChatGPT is that if you ask ChatGPT to read the Thai, what you get is Thai read with a noticeable US accent. At present I wouldn't recommend using ChatGPT to practise listening and speaking Thai.