This October I will be getting my Third One year Visa, married to a Thai.

The requirements I believe that are needed to apply for a P.R Visa are three consecutive one year visas,

Do I have to wait until the third one expires before I apply for a PR Visa or can I apply as soon as the thrid visa is issued.

You just can't get a PR coz you are simply married to a thai.In order to qualify,there are a lot more requirements.The most important of them is the income tax paid by you since last 3 years.YOu have to be very gainfully employed person with a minimum salary not lesser than 80,000 baht /month.and paying income tax on that salary.Being married to a thai will just give u relief in PR fee and a few numbers in the overall process.

You just can't get a PR coz you are simply married to a thai.In order to qualify,there are a lot more requirements.The most important of them is the income tax paid by you since last 3 years.YOu have to be very gainfully employed person with a minimum salary not lesser than 80,000 baht /month.and paying income tax on that salary.Being married to a thai will just give u relief in PR fee and a few numbers in the overall process.

Yep, this is correct. The Thais don't give a shit about marriage, hence the prostitution problem. You need to earn a lot of money, have a repectable job. being a teacher doesn't bring in that much, so this is not considred respectable.

You have to have connections, Thai connections, then that's very respectable. The higher the connections, the more respectable as long as your high connections are not convicted. So don't use former Public Health Minister Rakkiat as a reference, that won't look good. You'd have difficulties finding him anyway. The main thing you should know is that's about money, these are the core values in Thai society.

I drunk a bottle of wine but it's not that noticable, huh... :o

Dutchy

As for the tax situation, I am working in Saudi on a 6 on 3 off basis and travel in and out Thailand on a Multi Visa. Does this mean if I do not pay tax then it pointless trying for a PR Visa.
Yes.  Pointless.

Is it also pointless if you are retired here, pay no tax here, just spend oodles of dosh every year? :o

No.  Once you hit retirement age, things become much simpler.  As long as you have the money required to show that you can support yourself (see the many other threads on this matter).

Sorry, what I meant was "is it worth going for PR if you are retired and pay no tax here"?

Is the paying of tax a requirement for retired people applying for PR?

No.  Once you hit retirement age, things become much simpler.  As long as you have the money required to show that you can support yourself (see the many other threads on this matter).

Sorry, what I meant was "is it worth going for PR if you are retired and pay no tax here"?

Is the paying of tax a requirement for retired people applying for PR?

It's just so sad (genuinely).I can see that a great many members of the forum would like the reassurance and security that comes with PR, and so would I.For the vast majority it just isn't going to happen in the current political climate.There's a massive diffference as Dr Patpong recently reminded me between being eligible and being successful, and the majority of enquiries on this forum aren't even eligible.The question about whether it's worth applying if tax has not been paid over the years sums it up.Of course it's not.If you are determined to proceed,advice would be do your research on what is needed ( details mostly available on this forum) and get a first class Thai lawyer in a major practice who has a successful track record of processing PR applications.No names no pack drill but don't bother with the high profile (ie as far as this forum is concerned) farang oriented lawyers/business consultants because they won't have the connections at Suan Plu that are needed.I was keen to get PR but did my homework and concluded it wasn't going to happen, just yet anyway.

It's just so sad (genuinely).I can see that a great many members of the forum would like the reassurance and security that comes with PR, and so would I.For the vast majority it just isn't going to happen in the current political climate.There's a massive diffference as Dr Patpong recently reminded me between being eligible and being successful, and the majority of enquiries on this forum aren't even eligible.The question about whether it's worth applying if tax has not been paid over the years sums it up.Of course it's not.If you are determined to proceed,advice would be do your research on what is needed ( details mostly available on this forum) and get a first class Thai lawyer in a major practice who has a successful track record of processing PR applications.No names no pack drill but don't bother with the high profile (ie as far as this forum is concerned) farang oriented lawyers/business consultants because they won't have the connections at Suan Plu that are needed.I was keen to get PR but did my homework and concluded it wasn't going to happen, just yet anyway.

Yes, this is very sad indeed. I probably transfer into Thailand and spend more money than someone who pays 50,000 baht per year tax, and I will have the evidence in my bank books. But apparently, this is not what immigration want to see from a retired PR applicant. I know, I know: TIT. What a pity they can't be logical and consistent.

Makes you think that all they want is for you to stay two weeks, pay stupid prices for everything from tuk-tuks to bar girls (bad example - they're not so different) and then bugger off back to where you came from.

Sorry, I'm not normally so p'ed off, but I just spent the last hour reading many threads on PR with a sinking heart. I wonder what the Philippines is like this time of year? Or any time?