Savannakhet Marriage Visa

Hello,

I am a UK citizen and entered Thailand on the 30 day visa on arrival, I have just extended it for another 30 days.

My question is would I be able to obtain an extension by marriage at Savannakhet.

I was unable to enter on any other type of visa due to conditions at work ( no internet).

If I can get the visa, do I have to provide all the usual paperwork eg, photos, google maps, new kor raw 2, bank statements etc.

I have the required 400k in the bank, but it is NOT seasoned.

If anyone could help me out on this issue I would be very grateful, also any hints or tips for getting a visa at Savannakhet, like nearby hotels, best times to go etc.

Many thanks in advance.

OP, you could obtain 60 day extension to visit wife.

During that time you could obtain non O based on marriage.

That provides 90 day permission of stay.

In last 30 days you could obtain 12 month extension.

No need to exit Thailand. 

For the non O application the 400k only needs to be in your Thai bank account on day of application. 

How long do you wish to stay in Thailand? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Martin71 said:

I perhaps should have mentioned I will be due to go back to work on or around 4/5 of Feb (my bad).

In that case you can obtain "60 day extension to visit wife" 

1900b. 

OR 30 day extension.

If you are leaving 5th Feb you already have enough time.

What is expiry date (admitted date) on your current stamp. 

• Thanks 1

9th Feb, I know this will probably be long enough for me before I am off to work.

But the reason I want the marriage extension is because I will be in and out of Thailand due to work, and to save grief on future visits throughout the year, if i can get the visa then I could just get a multiple entry permit and problem solved...

18 hours ago, Martin71 said:

9th Feb, I know this will probably be long enough for me before I am off to work.

But the reason I want the marriage extension is because I will be in and out of Thailand due to work, and to save grief on future visits throughout the year, if i can get the visa then I could just get a multiple entry permit and problem solved...

Don't confuse visas.

Some folks obtain a multiple entry Non O (marriage) from Savannakhet.

That visa is valid for 12 months and each entry you are stamped in for 3 months. Requires exits/reentry.

The other non O is a single entry visa providing 90 day stay. During that time you obtain a 12 month extension.

Also you would buy a multi reentry permit. 

The non O single entry and subsequent extension can all be done at Thai immigration from a tourist visa or visa exempt entry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guy's for the replies,

I will probably go down the multiple entry non o (marriage) route. I will check out the paperwork needed for this. Is this available in 1 visit to Savannakhet or is it an overnight then pick up the next day job...

1 minute ago, Martin71 said:

Is this available in 1 visit to Savannakhet or is it an overnight then pick up the next day job...

It's overnight and perhaps longer.

No appointment required. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

Thanks guy's for the replies,

I will probably go down the multiple entry non o (marriage) route. I will check out the paperwork needed for this. Is this available in 1 visit to Savannakhet or is it an overnight then pick up the next day job...

Apply in the morning.

Collect next day afternoon.

• Thanks 1