I downloaded and registered with Binance TH by Gulf Binance

36 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

We don't care, the results speak for itself, it's the best performing asset in the world. 

If you are allowed to choose any two arbitrary date points to support your hypothesis then sure, but that also applies to basically anything else tradable in the world. You might not be able to hear the sentiment on your rocket to the moon but down here on earth all but a selective echo chamber refer to the whole industry as clown money and all derivatives as sh1tco1ns. It's just a number of days to the next exchange fails no doubt and the flood of tears begin..

Edited by eyeman
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, eyeman said:

If you are allowed to choose any two arbitrary date points to support your hypothesis then sure, but that also applies to basically anything else tradable in the world. You might not be able to hear the sentiment on your rocket to the moon but down here on earth all but a selective echo chamber refer to the whole industry as clown money and all derivatives as sh1tco1ns. It's just a number of days to the next exchange fails no doubt and the flood of tears begin..

Well today is a kind of special day for Bitcoin if you follow it due to an ETF approval deadline in the US.

In the future a huge proportion of Bitcoin will be traded on NASDAQ / NYSE and others assuming todays announcement goes the way people think it will.

Officially one ETF either needs to be approved or rejected today (ARK) but there's about another 10 which have until March for approval - reported SEC movements all point towards them being approved at the same time which the good people over at ARK are probably not too pleased with - after all they got their ducks in a row first.

Still - if 10 ETFs launch this week / next week for Bitcoin - everything changes and it's the beginning of a new era.

TODAY!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

I don's trust crypto, PERIOD!

image.png.f6d974f99e03975af0ab7bfb77be459d.png

Thx for letting us know, we will all sleep a lot sounder tonight knowing that 55555.  Jeeeze what is the compulsion with these no-coiners having to make these posts? This is a thread about the ins and outs of signing up with the new Thai exchange Gulf Binance. I don't see any requests from AdvanceBooking asking for no-coiners opinions on the pros and cons of crypto.  

Anyway moving on.

300sd - Yes mate you missed the memo. There are a couple of threads discussing the problems some non-Thai account holders are experiencing with Bitkub pertaining to their KYC system or should I say lack of. Plus their customer support attitude towards foreigners leaves a lot to be desired too. The threads are easy to find if you dig a little.

I still have an active account with them but I'm anticipating that may change in the near future. This is the reason we are exploring alternative Thailand approved exchanges who accept crypto/Baht transactions. 

Edited by Conno

AdvancedBooking - Thx once again for keeping us updated.

ukrules - Yip BIG DAY. Did you see the US SEC X hack news lol [Fake Spot ETF Approval announcement on Twitter] They tried to blame Musky's platform for the breach but in fact it was a private SEC phone that had been compromised not the linked X account. They failed to even use 2Fa security on the targeted phone ha ha ha. These are the people we are supposed to look to for financial security guidance. Clown world.

I'm still 50/50 on if we are going to see approval later today, there is a fear the SEC may now delay the announcement and blame it on this hack. Fingers crossed they still approve but we all know how Mr Gensler feels about crypto. Good luck. 

Edited by Conno

6 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If you can DM me a invite code, happy to receive it, you can earn likely on my fees as well if I start using it again.

I have a feeling the invite codes are unique to each individual and not simply a referral code that anyone can use. The reason being is that announcements that came from Gulf Binance in the latter months of 2023 stated that application requests would initially be by invite only.  I may be wrong, advancedbooking will no doubt advise.

Edited by Conno

8 hours ago, eyeman said:

Duh. How about 2 date points:  01/01/23 to 31/12/23 Bitcoin returns 150%.   Hows that for an arbitrary date point

"it's the best performing asset in the world.  " :cheesy:

I think you kind of missed the point, but I'll play your game, given those two date -I'd rather have bet on well known house hold name (nearly every US online checkout - basically Klarna for US) Affirm Holdings - 01/01/23 - 31/12/23 via a licensed broker. 4x growth.  I guess we have a new best performing asset in the whole world. to the moon, hodl, woohoo.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, eyeman said:

"it's the best performing asset in the world.  " :cheesy:

I think you kind of missed the point, but I'll play your game, given those two date -I'd rather have bet on well known house hold name (nearly every US online checkout - basically Klarna for US) Affirm Holdings - 01/01/23 - 31/12/23 via a licensed broker. 4x growth.  I guess we have a new best performing asset in the whole world. to the moon, hodl, woohoo.

It is the best performing asset in the world, over the last decade at least. Volatile of course, but buy and hold then nothing beats it to date. Plus it has only been going since 2009 so not bad 55555.........if you disagree, argue with Blackrock [Largest asset manager in the world] and not me.

Investing in Bitcoin is a long term play, years if not decades. Arbitrary date points is an irrelevance from my investing perspective. It's actually very reassuring to hear the detractors. Signifies I'm still on the right path and ahead of the curve. You don't make wife changing money :clap2: by listening to the herd. High Risk = High Reward. Glory or Death 

Ps. All 11 US Spot ETFs approved. To the Moooon, HODL, Whoohoo

Screenshot (1028).png

Edited by Conno
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Conno said:

It is the best performing asset in the world, over the last decade at least. Volatile of course, but buy and hold then nothing beats it to date. Plus it has only been going since 2009 so not bad 55555.........if you disagree, argue with Blackrock [Largest asset manager in the world] and not me.

Investing in Bitcoin is a long term play, years if not decades. Arbitrary date points is an irrelevance from my investing perspective. It's actually very reassuring to hear the detractors. Signifies I'm still on the right path and ahead of the curve. You don't make wife changing money :clap2: by listening to the herd. High Risk = High Reward. Glory or Death 

Ps. All 11 US Spot ETFs approved. To the Moooon, HODL, Whoohoo

Screenshot (1028).png

Well said. Buy and hold in a hardware wallet long term. Keep instructions somewhere in case something happens with health / death. Basically one should have a price at which to sell eventually. Essentially, its a mugs game to be trading it due to the volatility. Best to hold and ride up and down

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Well said. Buy and hold in a hardware wallet long term. Keep instructions somewhere in case something happens with health / death. Basically one should have a price at which to sell eventually. Essentially, its a mugs game to be trading it due to the volatility. Best to hold and ride up and down

All stored on Trezors with seed phrases stored on paper and on cryptosteels in safe locations. I have a target for selling but it is multiples of what it is today. Don't need to sell as I never invest anything that I wasn't prepared to lose or with funds needed for day to day living. My biggest challenge isn't if it will increase in price or not, my biggest challenge is living long enough to hit my price target 55555.  

Note on the BTC Spot ETFs. I celebrate their approval but wouldn't touch one with a barge pole. It's a bit like wanting to drink orange juice and paying a fee for someone else to squeeze the oranges for you with all the 3rd party associated risks. If you want to drink orange juice just buy the oranges and squeeze them yourself FFS. 

Coiners will like this link. No-coiners don't bother wasting your time.  Plato’s Allegory of The Bitcoin ETFs – Mark E. Jeftovic is The Bombthrower

Have you left the cave? If you hold your Bitcoin in self custody you get it. 

Edited by Conno

Hi guys it’s great to find this thread.

I am a foreigner and have been with BitKub for many years and they have served very well, but their treatment the past 6 months to foreigners is disgusting.

I am already a member of Binance (normal Binance) but my account is not linked to my Thai bank account which is something we all want, correct?

How does a foreigner join Binance Gulf. Because whenever I click “join” or “sign up” it just automatically takes me to my existing Binance account.

cheers guys.

23 hours ago, FalangCrypto said:

Hi guys it’s great to find this thread.

I am a foreigner and have been with BitKub for many years and they have served very well, but their treatment the past 6 months to foreigners is disgusting.

I am already a member of Binance (normal Binance) but my account is not linked to my Thai bank account which is something we all want, correct?

How does a foreigner join Binance Gulf. Because whenever I click “join” or “sign up” it just automatically takes me to my existing Binance account.

cheers guys.

Another one.....what are they playing at?

Anyway, are you sure you are going to the correct URL? https://www.binance.th/en or try clearing your cookies / cache if you are still redirected to your existing account.

I haven't tried registering yet but when I click on the above web address it takes me to Binance Thailand. If I then click on the register button it takes me here [Screenshot]

Gulf Binance.jpeg

Edited by Conno
  • Thanks 1

For now, you must have a Thai ID card to sign up with Binance TH. A driver's license won't work; you need a valid Thai ID. I recommend using Upbit Thailand instead, as the volume has increased recently, and I believe it's the best crypto exchange for foreigners until Bitkub allows foreign sign-ups.

The reason Bitkub doesn't accept foreigners is due to regulatory issues within the country. I suspect they don't want foreigners to use crypto exchanges for currency transfers, as it's a way for the BOT to avoid a sharp decline in the Thai Baht.

More info about UpBit here.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, racket said:

For now, you must have a Thai ID card to sign up with Binance TH. A driver's license won't work; you need a valid Thai ID. I recommend using Upbit Thailand instead, as the volume has increased recently, and I believe it's the best crypto exchange for foreigners until Bitkub allows foreign sign-ups.

The reason Bitkub doesn't accept foreigners is due to regulatory issues within the country. I suspect they don't want foreigners to use crypto exchanges for currency transfers, as it's a way for the BOT to avoid a sharp decline in the Thai Baht.

More info about UpBit here.

racket - Do you know this from personal experience or are you assuming? The reason I ask this is because if you trawl through Binance TH official T&Cs you will find the info below [In BOLD] which clearly states non-Thais can register without a Thai ID card. See Section 3 - Sub Section 10.

While I agree with your assessment on the reasons why Bitkub may be giving non-Thai customers a headache. I can't understand why UpBit and Binance TH can do what Bitkub allegedly can't?? They are all recognized and approved Thailand SEC exchanges. So using logic [Yea I know don't need to say it 5555] the same rules should apply across the board. Plus given the info below I still get the impression Bitkub are just playing funny games. 

Binance TH T&Cs

*In case of a non-Thai national, from step 7 onwards, you must attend and complete these steps at the Company's office. You must also bring the following documents for verification: your original passport, work permit, visa, or national ID card. Once the verification process has been completed, we will notify you of the results via email.

I haven't tried registering yet so can't say 100% 

advancedbooking started the registration process on Jan 10th so he probably knows if what you are saying is correct or if they are adhering to their own T&Cs which states non-Thais can register.

Edited by Conno

11 hours ago, Conno said:

racket - Do you know this from personal experience or are you assuming? The reason I ask this is because if you trawl through Binance TH official T&Cs you will find the info below [In BOLD] which clearly states non-Thais can register without a Thai ID card. See Section 3 - Sub Section 10.

While I agree with your assessment on the reasons why Bitkub may be giving non-Thai customers a headache. I can't understand why UpBit and Binance TH can do what Bitkub allegedly can't?? They are all recognized and approved Thailand SEC exchanges. So using logic [Yea I know don't need to say it 5555] the same rules should apply across the board. Plus given the info below I still get the impression Bitkub are just playing funny games. 

Binance TH T&Cs

*In case of a non-Thai national, from step 7 onwards, you must attend and complete these steps at the Company's office. You must also bring the following documents for verification: your original passport, work permit, visa, or national ID card. Once the verification process has been completed, we will notify you of the results via email.

I haven't tried registering yet so can't say 100% 

advancedbooking started the registration process on Jan 10th so he probably knows if what you are saying is correct or if they are adhering to their own T&Cs which states non-Thais can register.

I know this from experience, as I tried to register it yesterday. See image below. In the future, I think they will allow foreigners. For now, use Upbit it’s a good alternative.

IMG_3841.jpeg

• Thanks 2

On 1/29/2024 at 5:09 PM, racket said:

I know this from experience, as I tried to register it yesterday. See image below. In the future, I think they will allow foreigners. For now, use Upbit it’s a good alternative.

IMG_3841.jpeg

what about the pink id thai card for us farang?

• 2 weeks later...

I read you need a Thai ID card to open an account at Binance Thailand. Not true anymore? And what are the advantages compared to Bitkub? Fee looks the same. Both have many coins not listed on the platform,, but Binance Thailand seems to have at least more coins listed than Bitkub. I'm not sure where is Binance TH located, don't see any information on it on the website.

• 2 weeks later...