Time to pay those traffic fines ... stop trashing them

Got to love a system that works, finally

Delinquent traffic fines now integrated with vehicle tax renewals :cheesy: 

"Unexpected traffic fines surprise vehicle owners at tax renewal in Prachuap Khiri Khan"

I guess I'll no longer be the slowest car on the road :coffee1:

This system seems like a good Idea.. except when people get a fine .they not tax the car or bike.. no tax means no insurance. And when they sell the car or bike the new owners tries to do the right then and taxes it and he has to pay the fines and back taxes... So the person trying to do the right way gets penelizied..... So really its making the roads more unsafe with none tested cars and bikes on the road.

1 hour ago, yeahbutif said:

This system seems like a good Idea.. except when people get a fine .they not tax the car or bike.. no tax means no insurance. And when they sell the car or bike the new owners tries to do the right then and taxes it and he has to pay the fines and back taxes... So the person trying to do the right way gets penelizied..... So really its making the roads more unsafe with none tested cars and bikes on the road.

Only the lowest of owners/drivers will not tax, insure & register their vehicles.    As now in the system, so next checkpoint, without the window badge, they'll get pulled aside and hopefully, not be allowed to leave till they pay up.   

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:

I'm experimenting with a crazy scheme.

Don't laugh.

It's called follow the traffic regs and don't get any tickets.

Stop laughing!

Well, I have my licence since 1968, driven on both sides of the road never had a ticket all my life nor accident I am 76 now.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, yeahbutif said:

Only an idiot would buy a car without checking the book and notice no tax has been paid for years.

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Only the lowest of owners/drivers will not tax, insure & register their vehicles.    As now in the system, so next checkpoint, without the window badge, they'll get pulled aside and hopefully, not be allowed to leave till they pay up.   

That would work "hopefully" - except that the driver will often pay an on-the-spot  "fine" of 200/400 baht and go on his way. TiT, and I don't think it will change any time soon (unfortunately).