Police Have "run Out Of Ideas"

Anthony_Mustang

Complaints of lewd behavior in public cannot stem tide of prostitution

Police appear powerless to stem the tide of prostitution along Pattaya Beach, despite numerous complaints from tourists who are being harassed and also despite the lewd behavior that often occurs in full view of the public between the service girls and their prospective clients.

During an inspection by media reporters on July 14 there we saw an estimated 400 to 500 girls sitting along the beachfront offering their services to the public. Some were even going as far as to let men touch them, to the embarrassment of passers-by.

When the reporters asked Pol. Col. Suthin Sappuang, superintendent of Pattaya about the size of the prostitution problem, they were told that the police had effectively run out of ideas.

All they can do, said the superintendent is to book the girls for offering sexual services, and that 20 to 50 are brought in daily. They are fined and have their names recorded, and they are given a warning. The following day they are out there again offering their services to foreign tourists.

A meeting is to be held with the chairman of the Pattaya Cultural Council to consider what else can be done to remedy the problem

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd9

I dont get it.

There are hundreds of bars yet the girls still work beach road,Last time I was in Pattaya I had a freelance outside starbucks offer to lick my ar##e I was with the wife it was 8:30 in the morning.

Sorry but pattaya beach is totally Fuc^^d up,

Other post ask where have the tourists gone? heloooo

I dont get it.

There are hundreds of bars yet the girls still work beach road,Last time I was in Pattaya I had a freelance outside starbucks offer to lick my ar##e I was with the wife it was 8:30 in the morning.

I fail to see why you condemn enterprising young women, was it the time of day or the fact that your wife was with you? Would you have accepted had you been alone?

The police seem to do a half decent job along Jomtien beach, they patrol up and down in their golf buggy, so fair play for trying.

Edited by Jai Dee
attachment removed - may be considered as offensive

So... did you go for it? :o

It's interesting by the way how the police/authorities seem to define prostitution exclusively as 'street walking' such as what happens along beach road. Bars, karaokes, discos, they're all completely off the radar.

Edited by Sanpatong

wrong headline. The police has not run out of ideas - unless they run their own bars and want to get rid of the competition. I once saw that Pattaya Expat Club boss/owner running around the beach with the black police volunteers. Sweating like a piece of cheese in the sun (10 pm) they seemed to be content keeping the area empty for an hour or two. Later, of course, we had the front line report on our local cnn station (PPN).

Same with the drugs. When Taksin had the dealers massacred all over Thailand - I mean those dealers working for the wrong distributors - Pattaya was almost totally quiet. None of the shooters was apprehended, not 1 trial etc. Were there 2000 deaths? So, no worries about ideas but only vested interests.

Once the new mall and all the new condos are operative and the tea money flows, the poor ladies will be pushed away. Right now, the price does not seem to be right yet.

Tourist Police sweep Pattaya Beach in Thursday Night clear-up Operation.

Friday 20th July 2007

Police Lieutenant Colonel Suwan, the Chief of Pattaya’s Tourist Police Division led an operation on Pattaya Beach on Thursday Night to clear the entire stretch of the promenade of suspected prostitutes and undesirables. Over 50 Tourist Police Officers and Volunteers took part in the operation which concluded at the Tourist Police Mobile Unit on Walking Street where 55 people were processed and later sent to Pattaya City Hall to pay fines. Offences committed by the 33 women and 22 men consisted of suspected prostitution and not carrying an ID card, which is an offence here in Thailand. One man was caught with a long knife in front of Soi Pattayaland 2 and later sent to Pattaya Police Station on a charge of carrying a deadly weapon in a public place. We understand that similar operations will take place on a regular basis as the new Tourist Police Chief is determined to rid the streets of individuals who break the law.

pattayacitynews.net

I dont get it.

I fail to see why you condemn enterprising young women, was it the time of day or the fact that your wife was with you? Would you have accepted had you been alone?

There's a time and a place for everything and a family resort town is not the place and no time is suitable except in a designated red light area. Again I say that developers should build a walled Sin City out in the boonies.

I dont get it.

There's a time and a place for everything and a family resort town is not the place and no time is suitable except in a designated red light area. Again I say that developers should build a walled Sin City out in the boonies.

I just spat out my iced-tea through my mouth, nose and possibly ears. If I had a 2 foot qtip I might be able to sure about the ears. Family resort town? Where is that? Do you think Pattaya is a family resort? Really?

Pattaya is one big whorehouse and it matter not which side of Sukhumvhit you travel.

If you bring your children here with the intention of providing a wholesome vacation, then you must be in need of help. This is no place for children. When hookers are everywhere in spitting distance what do you expect?

THERES ALWAYS SOMETHING ELSE THEY CAN DO :o

1: double the fines -triple it if need be

2 CCTV cameras along the beach

3 Triple the police activity around the beach area

4 Come up with an idea like in Denver USA

"To discourage local prostitution, the city and county of Denver are broadcasting mug shots of men convicted of soliciting prostitutes. "Johns TV," which airs twice daily, debuted on July 25 on a local cable channel. The television show is supplemented by a Web site"

Etc etc etc

THERES ALWAYS SOMETHING ELSE THEY CAN DO :bah:

1: double the fines -triple it if need be

2 CCTV cameras along the beach

3 Triple the police activity around the beach area

4 Come up with an idea like in Denver USA

"To discourage local prostitution, the city and county of Denver are broadcasting mug shots of men convicted of soliciting prostitutes. "Johns TV," which airs twice daily, debuted on July 25 on a local cable channel. The television show is supplemented by a Web site"

Etc etc etc

I just love number 4 - how many channels does Sophon have because you'll need all 100 channels available 24 hours a day plus a camera crew of 1000 just to take pictures of all the touris .... er .... I mean Johns.

What a fabulous idea - can't figure out why I didn't think of it. :o:D:D:D:bah::D

Yep that is bl00dy funny Tammi, or should I say laughable :o

The report in the OP is sensaionalist BS anyway: 400 to 500 women soliciting on the beechfront? yeh right.

The lewd behavior comes from the boneheads who want to touch girls out on the street. I've seen it along that beachfront before, a guy making out with a girl straddling him in her mini-skirt no less right out in the open.

How bout we send tammi to the boonies and put a wall around her??? :o

How bout we send tammi to the boonies and put a wall around her??? :D

Dear Brit, :o:D

How bout we send tammi to the boonies and put a wall around her??? :D

Dear Brit, :o:D

I use to walk along Beach Rd for exercise every day and i found the Girls Very Kind calling me and saying "Hello Hansome Man Hello Sexy man".

:D

Not too far out Tammi, I have to walk home.

Total bull. In all the years I've never had anything more explicit said that "where you come flom" or "where you go".

Agreed, wasn't a freelancer of the first persuasion. Only ladyboys hang out at Starbucks that early and offer THAT specialty.

....or so I've been told.

Wheneer I see these articles/posts I wonder who is complaining? THis is PATTAYA!!

Next, I agree - there is little or no 'harrassment'.

I take a walk every sundown and the girls are by and large polite and not over-the-top offensive. In fact, I have far more issues with many of the slovenly foreigners - drunken or pawing the women.

For every problem there is a solution. I could clean it up in a week.

I am actually aghast that Thailand sells Pattaya as a family destination - that is criminal. What they are doing is pulling in all the poorest of Asians often on their first trip abroad.

I think the garbage problem is far worse than the freelancers although the girls on th ebeach are not clean.

Where is the family resort? in Pattaya?

I think people like Pattaya for what it is.

You like it or not, there are more than enough alternatives in Thailand.

I don't use the services of the beach girls, but on the other side, they never harrass or disturb me.

Pattaya is not a "Family Resort Town".

I suggest that if you want a "Family Resort Town" that you got to Disney Land in Orlando Florida!

On my vacations in Pattaya, I always enjoy walking down Beach Road. I do this every day and evening for hours. I have never been harrased by any one. I like to have the adult services available. But I have not ever been harrased.

If you don't like Pattaya you should move! Perhaps then you will be more comfortabel in Farang Land!

I envisage that the "Sin City" will provide free transport.

I envisage that the "Sin City" will provide free transport.

That will open a can o' worms. What will the 'baht bus mafia' brigade beat their gums about then?

Especially if they are free AND airconditoned!!!

Edited by NanLaew