Taking dogs to Germany.

A friend of ours needs to go back to Germany and wants to take 3 dogs to there.

All 3 are Bullies,two have a pedigree and one is a four month old pup but it has no pedigree but is a pup of the other 2.

I saw some regulations online but i am not sure if they are current.

Looking for all the right info from some one who has recently done this or maybe an agency in Thailand

that can assist.

You may read In formations of attached Link

https://www.bmel.de/EN/topics/animals/pets-and-zoo-animals/pet-passport.html

Can remember one of my former neighbors has taken Parrots to Sweden, has taken month to get all Paperwork together. And better to take a direct flight, he was almost arrested in Moscow after they haven't received a pre advise that he will arrive with Animals at the Airport.

• Thanks 1

As far as I know, they are banned because they are classed as a derivative/descendant breed of pit bulls, which are also banned. Some states have exemptions for dogs that were born locally, but I don't know the details. I'd suggest they contact Zoll for information.

https://www.zoll.de/EN/Private-individuals/Travel/Entering-Germany/Restrictions/Dangerous-dogs/dangerous-dogs.html

First of all, (and after that check the other requirements):

Have the dog chipped, make sure the veterinarian who places the chip makes a certificate that he placed the chip.

(AFTER placing the chip have the dog vaccinated against Rabiës) even when the current vaccination is still valid. Then have a blood sample tested for a Rabiës titer test.

These first three steps are time consuming (at least three months) so when started this you have time to check for the other things you need to do.

Good luck.

Peter.

• Thanks 1