Been donating to the temples for years now, still not healthy, wealthy, lucky or wise

Chris Daley

51 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

How about you?  Do you visit the temples often?

Occasionally with the wife, though I never engage in any of the rituals, so no, not a single ฿.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, novacova said:

Occasionally with the wife, though I never engage in any of the rituals, so no, not a single ฿.

Same for me, go along to keep the little lady happy, might “ saatoo “ [sic] her 20 baht note for the flower and candle etc  but that’s about it.

My bil was a monk for 10 years, he entered when his kidneys failed and spent the next 9 years having dialysis, eventually his name came up for a transplant and he left the temple a year after.

Of course, his faith in Buddha was the reason for his survival, I could argue that point but I keep quiet …… after all I am only a mere mortal !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chris Daley said:

I have been pouring money into the temples for years now.  Done the ceremonies everything.  Still no good luck.  Not even small a lottery win.  Should I send the boys around to pay them a visit?  A few of those gold statues to repay the debt?

How do you know how much less healthy, wealthy, lucky or wise you would be if you has not be so generous to the temple? 

I mean look at this thread, the amount of wisdom conveyed in it  is astounding. 

• Haha 1

I went to a temple with a Thai woman, she paid a monk to have her fortune told (I think).

After we left the temple she told me the monk had offered that for a hefty fee he would cast a spell on me to fall in love with her and marry her. Apparently she wasn't tempted to do that.

I don't think that is mainstream Buddhism.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, rwill said:

A lot of monks also double as fortune tellers.  Let them read your future.  You might need a special ceremony to ward off the bad luck.

My wife took me to one a few years ago.  He said I was going to get very ill within the next year.  So he did a special ceremony where I was ceremonial put to death and then reborn to change my future.  It must have worked, I'm still here a few years later.

All a load of <deleted>

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Did you get cancer? Did you die in a car or motorcycle accident? Did you get bitten by. posse of poisonous snakes? There you are, you are lucky....Keep up the donations, I've proved to you they are worth it. 

• Haha 2