Q on TM.30 and 30-day extension on visa-exempt

I'm in Thailand on a 30-day visa-exempt stamp after doing a border hop to Laos last month (before that I was here on a TR visa + extension). 

I need to extend once more so I can remain legal here until my booked flight back to the US in mid Feb. 

Already researched relevant posts here but still have a couple of questions so I know my ducks are in a row...

First, I need to apply for the extension at LakSi immigration IT square, correct? (Last time I got the extension at Chaeng Wattana but reading info posted here Dec 2023 that if extending on a visa-exempt stamp rather than a visa, it needs to be done at LakSi.) 

Second, when extending last time at Chaeng Wattana I was not asked to show TM.30, but recent posts here say it is highly likely required at LakSi. 

Regarding TM.30, I've never gotten one of these in my life (lived here permanently 2011-22 and been visiting on TR visas last couple years). My wife and I rent a condo in Bangkok and I am listed as tenant on the lease agreement, and we do have copy of landlord's ID card and her house ownership paperwork. So this makes me a "possessor" which should enable me to obtain the TM.30 on my own at Chaeng Wattana, correct? 

Plan is to scoot up to Chaeng Wattana, get the TM.30 in person, then over to LakSi to apply for the extension. I'll be applying only 2 days before my current stay expires so if anyone sees any holes in this plan, please let me know Any help much appreciated.

25 minutes ago, dluek said:

I'm in Thailand on a 30-day visa-exempt stamp after doing a border hop to Laos last month (before that I was here on a TR visa + extension). 

I need to extend once more so I can remain legal here until my booked flight back to the US in mid Feb. 

Already researched relevant posts here but still have a couple of questions so I know my ducks are in a row...

First, I need to apply for the extension at LakSi immigration IT square, correct? (Last time I got the extension at Chaeng Wattana but reading info posted here Dec 2023 that if extending on a visa-exempt stamp rather than a visa, it needs to be done at LakSi.) 

Second, when extending last time at Chaeng Wattana I was not asked to show TM.30, but recent posts here say it is highly likely required at LakSi. 

Regarding TM.30, I've never gotten one of these in my life (lived here permanently 2011-22 and been visiting on TR visas last couple years). My wife and I rent a condo in Bangkok and I am listed as tenant on the lease agreement, and we do have copy of landlord's ID card and her house ownership paperwork. So this makes me a "possessor" which should enable me to obtain the TM.30 on my own at Chaeng Wattana, correct? 

Plan is to scoot up to Chaeng Wattana, get the TM.30 in person, then over to LakSi to apply for the extension. I'll be applying only 2 days before my current stay expires so if anyone sees any holes in this plan, please let me know Any help much appreciated.

Why don't you let the owner do the TM30?, it is her duty according to the law.
TM30 can be done online.

Edited by ThailandNinja

7 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

Why don't you let the owner do the TM30?, it is her duty according to the law.
TM30 can be done online.

Because seems it would be easier to do it myself than get her involved. 

1 hour ago, dluek said:

Not  being a protected species and no previous TM30"s I wonder if you will cop a fine at Chaeng Wattana. 

1 hour ago, dluek said:

Correct! You plan is good. Do everything by yourself.

If Thai owner they don't know how to fire up laptop.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bvor said:

Not  being a protected species and no previous TM30"s I wonder if you will cop a fine at Chaeng Wattana. 

I'll try at Laksi first with no TM.30, read a bit more and several poster said they weren't asked for TM.30 at Laksi if arriving to Thailand by air as I did. If Laksi needs it then not a big deal to pay 800B fine at CW, better than paying that much to a hotel I don't just to get a TM.30. My landlady is a sweet old Thai woman, probably never heard of TM.30 and would probably find it confusing especially using the online portal. Better to not bother her. 

5 minutes ago, dluek said:

I'll try at Laksi first with no TM.30, read a bit more and several poster said they weren't asked for TM.30 at Laksi if arriving to Thailand by air as I did.

That's what I was going to suggest. 

With a rental agreement, copy owners house book and signed identify card thinking they might do the TM30 or skip that..

Any reason for leaving it to last couple of days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dluek said:

It's not that easy from what I have heard.

Edited by shdmn

4 minutes ago, dluek said:

not a big deal to pay 800B fine at CW

I think 800B is the minimum fine at IO "discretion" but even 2000B no big deal in the circumstances.    

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's what I was going to suggest. 

With a rental agreement, copy owners house book and signed identify card thinking they might do the TM30 or skip that..

Any reason for leaving it to last couple of days. 

Yup I have the rental agreement and signed house book and ID card from landlady. It's obvious on her ID that she's elderly so I doubt the IO will be bothered about me doing it myself. Re leaving it to last couple days, having extended on TR visas several times in the past I had assumed the requirements were the same for extending on visa-exempt. In all my years in Thailand I've never been asked to show a TM.30 for anything, hoping that luck continues tomorrow. I'll report back here how it goes. 

5 hours ago, ThailandNinja said:

Why don't you let the owner do the TM30?, it is her duty according to the law...

According to section 38 of the Immigration Act, it is the duty of the householder, the owner or the possessor of the place the OP is renting to submit the TM.30

According to section 4 of the same law, the OP is the householder, ie the chief possessor of the place he is renting in the capacity of tenant.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bvor said:

I think 800B is the minimum fine at IO "discretion" but even 2000B no big deal in the circumstances.    

According to section 84 of the Immigration Act, the fine is as per the "criteria for settlement or any conditions as deemed fit" prescribed by the Settlement Committee. Based on personal experiences reported by members of this forum, the fine is currently 800 Baht.

• Agree 1

I was at Laksi in November of last year. I wasn't asked the TM30. But, I wouldn't want to mislead the OP, or anything like that. I had arrived in Thailand via air. Maybe for folks who do the land-arrival, they might ask for the TM30. No idea. 

12 minutes ago, JemJem said:

I was at Laksi in November of last year. I wasn't asked the TM30. But, I wouldn't want to mislead the OP, or anything like that. I had arrived in Thailand via air. Maybe for folks who do the land-arrival, they might ask for the TM30. No idea. 

I doubt the land vs air is an issue.

It's more a random thing.

Surprised it was not required at LakSi as the que ticket chicks check your docs, even if you have a booking. 

Was a standard requirement when MTT was doing 30 day extensions

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Why?

I've always submitted a required TM30 myself as a tenant, then as an occupier.

To the person who left a confused emoticon to my above post.

Come forward and ask what confuses you, rather than hide behind an emoticon.

It's simple.

I rented a private house and registered as the tenant of the residence for submitting the TM30's, using a copy of my passport, copy of the landladies Tabien Baan and ID card.

Later, I married, moved into the wife's home, obtained a Yellow Tabien Baan and re-registered again as the occupier, using a copy of my passport, my Tabien Baan and pink ID card.

• Thumbs Up 2

Leaving it 2 days before is a bit tight. Horror stories from Jomtien immigration. Taking between 3 and 5 visits they don't want you doing it yourself trying to push everyone into the hands of agents. More wedge for them,  just horrible people that's why I never tip any of them bars restaurants anywhere 

• Sad 1

On 1/15/2024 at 6:33 PM, DrJack54 said:

I doubt the land vs air is an issue.

It's more a random thing.

Surprised it was not required at LakSi as the que ticket chicks check your docs, even if you have a booking. 

Was a standard requirement when MTT was doing 30 day extensions

Well, you might be right. But, anyway, I wasn't asked it in November, 2023. Also, wasn't asked it in my visit there in late 2022. But, because several posters here wrote that some people were asked that, I had it ready with me when I went there in November. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 7:32 PM, dluek said:

Yup I have the rental agreement and signed house book and ID card from landlady. It's obvious on her ID that she's elderly so I doubt the IO will be bothered about me doing it myself. Re leaving it to last couple days, having extended on TR visas several times in the past I had assumed the requirements were the same for extending on visa-exempt. In all my years in Thailand I've never been asked to show a TM.30 for anything, hoping that luck continues tomorrow. I'll report back here how it goes. 

How did it go?
Did you make an appointment?
For the TM30 I am in a similar position (older landlady) but I created an account for her (ID card, house book number) and did the TM30 by myself.