Maxnet Problems

R123

Over the last week my maxnet has been somewhat slow at times and sometimes it just disapears for 2 or 3 hours,thats in pattaya..

in my case it disappears regularly for 12 hours (19.00 hrs till 06.00 in the morning).

:o

Yes I am in Pattaya too, so maybe that has something to do with it.

And I have an email thru maxnet and when trying to send messages recently they are being returned and a message comes up about:

"too many recipients this hour" and they cannot deliver my messages.

Not being a computer expert can anyone enlighten me on what this means???

Many thanks!

Yes I am in Pattaya too, so maybe that has something to do with it.

And I have an email thru maxnet and when trying to send messages recently they are being returned and a message comes up about:

"too many recipients this hour" and they cannot deliver my messages.

Not being a computer expert can anyone enlighten me on what this means???

Many thanks!

I'm on Maxnet 256 up in Chiangrai, and although it does go off in different modes from time to time (somtimes the ADSL goes off completely, sometimes can't log-in, sometimes can't get translation from the DNS) it hasn't been too bad just recently - touch wood! So I think you're probably experiencing something local either there in Pattaya on the Pattaya to Bangkok system.

What you are describing is congestion in their SMTP server which is used to relay e-mails you send out. A few months ago, when it got congested, the TT&T SMTP still carried on accepting traffic, but couldn't deliver it, so unbeknown to to the sender, mail got badly delayed, and we were left wondering why our correspondents didn't reply. So this "too many recipents" message is actually a considerable improvement on that situation. At least we know there's a problem and we can try later. If you have an e-mail address on an ISP that offers webmail, that bypasses the TT&T's SMTP server so you can send out that way, or there's always hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc as a last resort.

+ SJ