Is Immigration now asking for an updated TM30 from all contacts

Chris BKK

It appears when doing a 90 day report online that it failed as requested/demanded an updated TM30 without specifying if updated what to do with the updated TM30. The landlord advised when requested that there have been many requests to them for updated TM30

I think this post probably belongs in the Visa forum rather than BKK forum, however I can answer OP:

About a year ago Immigration did indeed start cracking down on the TM30 rules.  My online 90 day report was rejected with a notice saying to contact Immigration and show them my updated TM30 (this was after I had moved to a new address in BKK, and after I had filed a new TM30).  I had to go IN PERSON to Immigration at Cherngwattana and show them the TM30 report which I had filed 2 months earlier at Cherngwattana.  Before going to CW I made an appointment online for the 90 day section, so the whole process went quickly and I was given the OK to stay another 90 days after showing them my updated TM30.

I'm hoping going forward I will again be able to do future 90 day reports online, but haven't crossed that bridge yet...

• Thanks 2

What if you just registered with the TM30 Online web site whose entries must be approved before accepting registration? Registration requires specific documentation in electronic form for verification, mostly the same as the paper TM30.

Why even a need for paperwork for a physical TM30 meet and approval?

1 hour ago, john donson said:

would be a bit harsh to ask a new tm30 if you did not leave the country for years and still use the old copy of tm30 from last entry years ago... but TIT

Except that they now have a new TM30 system and database and presumably they want to get everyone onto that. So it's possible that if they have no record of a TM30 in the new system, they could reject a 90-day report until there's an updated entry. I have no idea if that's happening but some people have reported that their online 90-day application was rejected with the reason that they need to submit a TM30.  

• Agree 1

I wonder what happens when your landlord (my landlord) refuses to do the new online version and instead makes my wife do his job? Phuket Immigration lets her do it. My landlord is a lawyer for Phuket Town. I assume he thinks he's too important to do such trivial stuff. 🤔

4 minutes ago, Galong said:

I wonder what happens when your landlord (my landlord) refuses to do the new online version and instead makes my wife do his job? Phuket Immigration lets her do it. My landlord is a lawyer for Phuket Town. I assume he thinks he's too important to do such trivial stuff. 🤔

I'm in the same boat (Bangkok). My landlady outright refused to do the TM30. I did it online. Then it was time for my first TM47. My earlier self-report was declined, and I was asked to do another TM30. In addition I was fined 800 baht. (The IO receiving my "late" TM30 was not at all interested in the fact that my landlady was breaking the law, but, instead, seemed to enjoy fining me.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I'm in the same boat (Bangkok). My landlady outright refused to do the TM30. I did it online. Then it was time for my first TM47. My earlier self-report was declined, and I was asked to do another TM30. In addition I was fined 800 baht. (The IO receiving my "late" TM30 was not at all interested in the fact that my landlady was breaking the law, but, instead, seemed to enjoy fining me.)

That's what I'm afraid of and also what I assumed would happen.  Sorry to hear that you had to go through this because of your landlady. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Galong

1 hour ago, Galong said:

If you have a lease, you can do the TM30 online after registering. Then you do a search within 7 days after doing the report which was approved and do a screenprint of the result. This is the equivalent of the receipt that you would get by reporting in person.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, placnx said:

If you have a lease, you can do the TM30 online after registering. Then you do a search within 7 days after doing the report which was approved and do a screenprint of the result. This is the equivalent of the receipt that you would get by reporting in person.

Signing up for the TM30 online is something our landlord has to do using his email address from what I understand. We were actually going to do the sign-up FOR HIM, but he didn't want to give us his precious email address.  Or, are you saying we can sign up as tenants of his property? 

2 weeks ago I tried to do my online 90 day report as I have done many times before.

but I got rejected, with NO explanation as to why. 

I looked over what I submitted and everything I input was correct.

I went to CW to do an in person report.  3 hours round trip.

When called, I handed over the completed TM47 and my passport.

2 minutes or less, passport and next date to report handed back.

I asked why I was rejected online and all I got was a get out of my face snarl.

So excited to see what happens next time...NOT

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 7:34 AM, Galong said:

Signing up for the TM30 online is something our landlord has to do using his email address from what I understand. We were actually going to do the sign-up FOR HIM, but he didn't want to give us his precious email address.  Or, are you saying we can sign up as tenants of his property? 

To sign up on your own as tenant, you may need some help from the landlord, but only the first time in setting up the account. It may be necessary to upload a copy of his/her ID card, etc. This process is fully described on another thread. Maybe this one: