Free to a good home!

herfiehandbag

43 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I hate throwing things away!

Every time that I 'throw things away' I put them on a table and the Thai staff help themselves. They take everything, no matter how old or tatty.

Could you do the same outside your house?

• Like 1

I feel cheated - was expecting pictures of cute puppies.

Visa requirements being what they are, guess most foreigners could afford some shirts. But for a whole lot of locals, it's maybe a more valuable gift. We give stuff to the lady who picks up plastic/cardboard etc., to the proper garbage collectors, to eh Myanmar workers passing to/from the market (mostly fruit), and so on. Sometimes just leave it (in an orderly fashion) outside the gate - usually disappears within a couple of hours. Many temples have some arrangements where stuff can be donated to/through them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Every time that I 'throw things away' I put them on a table and the Thai staff help themselves. They take everything, no matter how old or tatty.

How many Thais do you know who are XXL? They'd be too big for me, and I am 6 ft and 82 kg.

The Thai staff you have probably go straight to a secondhand shop, and sell anything they can there.

32 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

How many Thais do you know who are XXL? They'd be too big for me, and I am 6 ft and 82 kg.

The Thai staff you have probably go straight to a secondhand shop, and sell anything they can there.

I am XXL and they happily take my stuff.

If they sell it - so what, if it helps to improve their lives.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I live at the end of a soi which leads into a rubber plantation and then to some paddy fields, so no passing traffic.

If no one here wants them I might put the on the village "bus stop" for people to helo themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some times giving things for free is not appreciated.

My dad put the old fridge on the lawn with a sign saying"Still works good!For free!

It sat there for over a week,dad made a new sign "Fridge for sale $50.

The next morning it was gone!

• Haha 1

Yes, I have the same problem I do have many suits only worn ones and many trousers since I put on a bit of weight over the years, just waiting till I kick the bucket and my wife can pass them on to the salvos.

• 2 months later...

Good for OP.  I have given away all sorts of stuff either to local ma/pa who run nearby store as somebody passing by always seems to take it... or just set a box of stuff out in big C parking lot or anywhere people pass by....it is usually all gone very quickly.

Then I come back to USA where the incredible amount of stuff , often very good stuff, is thrown out every day is mindboggling.