30 day under consideration: Do they keep your passport?

Non-O spoiuse visa, applying for 1 year extension, after they check the paperwork and if everythings in order and so they give the 30 day "under consideration" stamp, do they keep my passport?

I want to fly to Bangkok for a few days, so would like to have my passport with me.

No, they give you your passport back with an "under consideration" stamp in it.

EDIT: Should have mentioned... if your 90 report happens during that consideration period, enter the end of the consideration period (the date they say you should report back to immigration) as your visa expiry date. The online system wont accept a date in the past. Just this week I had to do both - extension of stay first and then 90 day report that was due 1 week after.

Edited by Woof999

21 hours ago, Woof999 said:

No, they give you your passport back with an "under consideration" stamp in it.

EDIT: Should have mentioned... if your 90 report happens during that consideration period, enter the end of the consideration period (the date they say you should report back to immigration) as your visa expiry date. The online system wont accept a date in the past. Just this week I had to do both - extension of stay first and then 90 day report that was due 1 week after.

The fact the OP has asked that question would indicate it is a first extension so there will be no 90 day report until 90 days after submission.

since we are on the same subject when they give you the 30 days under consideration stamp, we have to return on the exact day given, can we return a few days early or later?

On 1/18/2024 at 4:42 PM, STD Warehouse said:

Non-O spoiuse visa, applying for 1 year extension, after they check the paperwork and if everythings in order and so they give the 30 day "under consideration" stamp, do they keep my passport?

I want to fly to Bangkok for a few days, so would like to have my passport with me.

No they do not keep your passport

2 hours ago, jacey said:

since we are on the same subject when they give you the 30 days under consideration stamp, we have to return on the exact day given, can we return a few days early or later?

in your passport with the 30 day under consideration stamp they will write a ref: number...

after your home visit give it a week or so for them to complete their paperwork then call the IO office and quote that number.

They will tell you if it's done and you can go in.

in your passport with the 30 day under consideration stamp they will write a ref: number...

after your home visit give it a week or so for them to complete their paperwork then call the IO office and quote that number.

They will tell you if it's done and you can go in.

what if there's no home visit, how long should I wait before calling them