Police rescues Thai man clinging to wife’s car for 15 kilometres

It's all rather sad, non acceptance of any situation produces conflict and stress but acceptance of 'what is', although the golden path to harmony within oneself, is hard and has to be practiced before it is easily achievable. What on earth was going through the wife's and boyfriends mind at the time? ''Let's wait till he falls off'' presumably.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

It's all rather sad, non acceptance of any situation produces conflict and stress but acceptance of 'what is', although the golden path to harmony within oneself, is hard and has to be practiced before it is easily achievable. What on earth was going through the wife's and boyfriends mind at the time? ''Let's wait till he falls off'' presumably.

That is a very fatalistic conception . But a good one I think ..

It has to include the acceptance of death . that is difficult if you lose someone close ...

Harmony is good but acceptance has to be earned ... sometimes it is better to try to change things for the better ...

Or , do you believe in Reincarnation ?

Edited by nobodysfriend

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Well I'm one of those nutters who has studied spirituality for nigh on 30 years and believe that only consciousness is primary and irreducible, matter is its manifestation and spacetime is its interface to its creation, your consciousness therefore was neither born nor can it die. I am in good company with such people as the cognitive scientist prof. Donald Hoffman, the physicist Thomas Campbell, physicist Federico Faggin (inventor of the micro processor) and many others.

As for fatalism it seems to me that causality and not free will is life's determining factor and nobody has the power over causal events, whether you go left, right or straight on, order a beer or a cheeseburger each has a causal reason. Einstein was a believer in the spacetime block theory where past, present and future all exist together, cut into the block and your childhood is there, cut further up your wedding, further still, your death.

Near death experiences and terminal lucidity seem to show that the brain is a Receiver of consciousness not a transmitter, in fact Prof. Hoffman has shown with computer modelling ( mathematics of evolutionary game theory) that the brain hides the truth of reality, without this deception we couldn't survive.

Great  Post .

Can you define " consciousness " please ...?

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Great  Post .

Can you define " consciousness " please ...?

NO nobody can, one could say aware of being aware makes one conscious but nobody knows what consciousness actually is. Neuro scientists think consciousness is caused by the brain but they don't know where or how. How can something non material be made by something material, where is the taste of chocolate in the brain? There are correlations but the experience of taste isn't there. Conscious awareness is experienced by everyone but we don't know what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What real men do when a relationship has failed and they've done what they could do to save it, is they walk away holding their head high with dignity. I'm just going to get on with my life and meet somebody new.

What a 13 year old, who look like an adult does, is cling onto a car for 15 km out of some form of jealous insanity. What a goon, what a half man, what a pathetic lack of tribute to our gender. 

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

What real men do when a relationship has failed and they've done what they could do to save it, is they walk away holding their head high with dignity. I'm just going to get on with my life and meet somebody new.

What a 13 year old, who look like an adult does, is cling onto a car for 15 km out of some form of jealous insanity. What a goon, what a half man, what a pathetic lack of tribute to our gender. 

Desperation comes in many forms,  no matter how futile the attempts to correct a situation is it may seem logical at the time. He was married 20 years to her and has 3 children, we don't know his financial obligations. His world has just crashed around him resulting in a mental breakdown and possibly has no one to turn to for moral support, we all have our limits, the 'persona' we present to the world is more fragile than we think. After such tragedies our false sense of self, the ego, collapses and it takes time to build a new one. She cheated on him several times, one would think the best thing to do is to walk away, that's a solution if you are dating but if married with a home and children that isn't always easy so your 'fight or flight' instinct can't be resolved, something has to break, sometimes as murder, suicide or in this case, a mental breakdown. Easy solutions come in fairy tales.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Once bitten, twice shy....

10 hours ago, soalbundy said:

NO nobody can, one could say aware of being aware makes one conscious but nobody knows what consciousness actually is. Neuro scientists think consciousness is caused by the brain but they don't know where or how. How can something non material be made by something material, where is the taste of chocolate in the brain? There are correlations but the experience of taste isn't there. Conscious awareness is experienced by everyone but we don't know what it is. 

I have a lot to say about this ... but I cannot do it now , because my left hand is swollen and painful after a mouse !! bite .

Can only use one hand for typing ...

My philosophy is a little different as it is based on clues Astronomy provides .

What you call consciousness , I call " Spirit " ... but more about this later , may be ...

have a nice day .

32 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

I have a lot to say about this ... but I cannot do it now , because my left hand is swollen and painful after a mouse !! bite .

Can only use one hand for typing ...

My philosophy is a little different as it is based on clues Astronomy provides .

What you call consciousness , I call " Spirit " ... but more about this later , may be ...

have a nice day .

It has many names, presence, awareness, spirit, soul, god etc. We know nothing about something so ethereal. Religions point to it with myths and stories but can't grasp its essence. Those mystics, Hindu, Buddhists, Christian etc. who have had a glimpse can't describe it. Those who have had a near death experience all say they have no words to describe it and resort to allegories. One doesn't even have to be near death to have such an experience, a monk can strive for enlightenment for 40 years and sees nothing while an atheist bus driver can suddenly have a burst of perception while driving his bus. A die hard materialist physicist Federico Faggin got up one night for a glass of water and experienced a burst of light coming from his body which enveloped the whole room, he experienced an overwhelming love, he was love, he was for a few seconds the whole universe, it changed his life forever. Tony Parsons (author of 'The open secret') experienced the same thing while walking through a park in Balham London, he sat down in shock, he was the trees, the grass, the dog for a split second, he called it 'the beloved'. See a doctor for your mouse bite, it could be life threatening.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, watchcat said:

Once bitten, twice shy....

It's just a matter of simple dignity, what is a man if he gives up his dignity, and why pursue something that just isn't there? Why would you pursue a woman who doesn't want you? I think it really comes down to self-esteem, self love, self-respect and basic stuff like that, that a well developed man possesses.