Immigration Office

Thanks Richard for reminding me. :D

Yes, went to immigration on Friday as my yearly permission to stay expires on 13/7. For two years now have to bring my wife as well. Got my one month "under consideration", got a new re-entry (single Baht 1000) and have to show up on August 9, again.

The last year just had to change some photocopies from 'left to right' copied to up/down'.

Four years ago, got a stern warning that my son will no longer be accepted since he will be 20 and has to acquire his own visa. Got him there, son left to study back home :D

The following year 'they' won. Claimed my picture being too old. Told him, I copied two days ago. Ooops, showed me my file for the last decade, for two years same picture and all on file. Got me :D

Next year nothing much to complain, but stern warning, "wife has to come in person". OK, Now wife and me sitting there, my staff doing the talking and I was sent back to the visitors' chairs, as I am blocking the neighbors' chair. Guess I won this one.

One victory for the recption lady in white. We filled in application on photocopied forms. (Original type-writing in Thai, only the form copied.)

This year: Not allowed. Had to re-write the data by hand on the original form and 'transfer' the pictures.

So at the moment "come back August 9 in person", got a new re-entry to leave this week on a biz-trip.

Advice: Single is Baht 1000, multiple Baht 3800. So up to three trips singles are cheaper, unless you calculate taxi fee, time and p/port costs.

Wonder how many "under consideration..." chops this year. Not to forget, must go straight from immigr to labor dept. to change the WP and do this every month until the permit to stay is extented for the rest of one year.

Last year managed within 1 month, this year???? :o

Anybody who can do it faster? I am on a non-imm B with WP, extented for the last 12 years.

non-imm B,pardon me,why do u have to use your wife then to extend it?

Her visa follows mine, as long as my B is extented to stay for another year she gets the same permission to stay in LOS under 'O'.

Ah, now I got it, she is not Thai, therefor only allowed to stay as long as my visa is ok :o

Oh,I understood :o

what about your children?were they born in thailand?can't they get thai nationality?as i heard that legal immigrants in thailand can have their children registered as thai national

Thai nationality needs one Thai parent to make it happen.

Oh,I understood :D

what about your children?were they born in thailand?can't they get thai nationality?as i heard that legal immigrants in thailand can have their children registered as thai national

Catch 22, we are not legal immigrants but non-immigrants :o B and O

• 1 month later...
Quick up-date, today submitted copy of our wedding certificate, by request.

Last time this was required was in 1992.

Got the extention yesterday, means only 7 1/2 weeks since applying for it, to carry me on in LoS with non imm B and WP. :o