Pile of Concrete Bricks Collapses on Two Female Construction Workers in Sattahip

webfact

image.jpeg

Sattahip — Two female migrant workers were seriously injured when a large pile of concrete bricks collapsed on them on Tuesday, January 23rd, in Sattahip.

The unidentified workers are from Laos and Cambodia, according to local reports.

The victims, along with other migrant workers, were constructing a house wall at a housing development in Chonburi’s Sattahip district, when the brick pile suddenly collapsed on them around 3:40 PM for unclear reasons.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-01-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 3

14 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

I would guess it was because they were stacked in a manner that I, a person that has never stacked bricks, would never do. 

I   know it is victim blaming but were they perhaps using them for shade during a break from work?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

when the brick pile suddenly collapsed on them around 3:40 PM for unclear reasons.

I think the reason is very clear, who in their right mind would stack bricks like that.

422156889_1294416851455891_7218548644835477855_n.jpg.bc0bc1323ccb0e53c42666505dc2370c.jpg

8 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

When you pull a brick out of the bottom of the stack... the top of the stack usually comes down... brick building 101

Sanctions must have prevented the sale of "Jenga" games as dual-use goods.

Giant-Jenga.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1