Rats

Took my Toyota Vigo for car wash yesterday, under, inside, outside for Bht 200. However the guy said there was evidence of RATS under the bonnet (hood), sprayed it, and told me to leave it open all night. Charges an extra Bht 100.

The previous week the truck had been to Toyota main dealer for it's 230,000 km service, and no mention of any form of rodents on the vehicle, only that it needed a new battery, which was only 1 year old.

Who was taking the piss? Both of them?

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Where they locals? ; )

Of course they were.

Car cleaning and servicing are jobs restricted to Thais only.

Edited by KannikaP

rats love electric cables and often make nests in cars parked for a while. if none of your console gadgets are acting up you are fine. but... it is worth taking a quick look with a flashlight to see if anything has been nibbled on

1 minute ago, Pouatchee said:

rats love electric cables and often make nests in cars parked for a while. if none of your console gadgets are acting up you are fine. but... it is worth taking a quick look with a flashlight to see if anything has been nibbled on

Thank you for the advice.

Yes we have had the rat problem,made a box next to the truck where we feed them something

that is supposed to kill them.

They ate the same wires multiple times.

Another problem can be when you have dogs and they decide to go hunt for the rats while they are in the car,a lot of scratches and wires pulled apart by the dogs.

28 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Thank you for the advice.

if you are anywhere near pattaya, i have a great mechanic that works really well for dirt cheap. pm me if you are close by i can introduce you to him... since he has been fixing my truck  all i need to do is change the oil and change the occasional worn out part... i dont know where bamg rakam is... sorry

11 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

if you are anywhere near pattaya, i have a great mechanic that works really well for dirt cheap. pm me if you are close by i can introduce you to him... since he has been fixing my truck  all i need to do is change the oil and change the occasional worn out part... i dont know where bamg rakam is... sorry

Thank you. Fortunately, my 11 year old Vigo has never needed anything fixing in 230,000 km. Always go to main dealer, and of course, pay over the top. But the results speak for themselves.

Just examined under the dash. No evidence of rats. Whhhew.

Bang Rakam is up near Phitsanulok.

Edited by KannikaP

Had my truck parked up for 10 months year before last and rats, mice moved in. Took months to get rid of the stench from the A/C.

They ate through the window washer pipes and used the bonnet liner for nesting material.

The wife said she checked every week, 555

You can treat for rodents with an anti-rodent spray, about 100 thb. A bottle lasts quite awhile, does it work ??? Jury is still out.

42 minutes ago, sherwood said:

Had my truck parked up for 10 months year before last and rats, mice moved in. Took months to get rid of the stench from the A/C.

They ate through the window washer pipes and used the bonnet liner for nesting material.

The wife said she checked every week, 555

You can treat for rodents with an anti-rodent spray, about 100 thb. A bottle lasts quite awhile, does it work ??? Jury is still out.

I guess that spray is what the car wash guy used. My truck is used daily so hopefully no problems.