Mud pump?

BenStark

I have 2 large inground concrete tanks in which I collect water provided by the deep well pump.

It is daily used for the irrigation system, and also goes through a 3 stage filter to fill another tank which provides water to the house.

Over the years, a layer of sand has collected on the bottom of the concrete tanks, and I want to remove the sand without climbing into the tanks.

A simple submersible pump will not work, since they are for clean water, and they obviously also won't suck the very bottom of the tank.

I was thinking about a mud pump, but what I can find is quite expensive.

So any suggestions on an economical way to clear the job are welcome. The tanks have an opening of 70 x 70, so movement is no issue

Edit to add : Since I have a swimming pool, I also have a vacuum set, I only would need to find a pump that can handle the sand.

Edited by BenStark

I would speak with one of the guys that cleans out the toilet bores, they can suck allmost everything for a low cost, when they do our place it is usually arund 250-300 bath. Just a suggestion. 

It sounds like you live in the countryside. 

Hope it will work for you. 

11 hours ago, pitufikken said:

I would speak with one of the guys that cleans out the toilet bores, they can suck allmost everything for a low cost, when they do our place it is usually arund 250-300 bath. Just a suggestion. 

It sounds like you live in the countryside. 

Hope it will work for you. 

Yes. A vacuum truck🤔

You could build yourself a small 2-inch airlift pump but then you would need to buy a compressor.