Check Your Laptop’s Battery Health

ravip

Getting proactive about laptop battery health will help you avoid that situation. Here are some quick steps to check the health of your laptop’s battery:

1. Type “PowerShell” into the Windows search bar. The Windows PowerShell blue screen will appear.
  2. Type “powercfg /batteryreport” and hit enter. This command will give you a file path similar to: C:\Users\Your Username\battery-report.html.
  3. Type this file path into the Windows search bar, which will provide details about your laptop’s battery health.

A couple of red flags that may signal that your battery health isn’t optimal include a battery that dies faster than it should and a laptop that is constantly overheating.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/business/small-business/resources/how-to-increase-laptop-battery-life.html

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

Mac book air, lasts 18 hours !

Just one of the few positive features Macs offer.

Fitting into the Apple ecosystem is a joke - just alienate oneself from other systems.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ravip said:

Just one of the few positive features Macs offer.

Fitting into the Apple ecosystem is a joke - just alienate oneself from other systems.

The battery, the screen and the amazing stereo sound, and no fan as does not get hot- not sure where the 'ecosystem' is !

1 hour ago, proton said:

The battery, the screen and the amazing stereo sound, and no fan as does not get hot- not sure where the 'ecosystem' is !

This is the bare truth about Apple products! They are good to flash around, keep on a restaurant table etc. But for someone who seriously like to do extra things on their phone - Apple is out. Majority of Apple die hard fans are totally lost on technology - but they will never admit it and will argue without any base.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Meanwhile on my Macbook laptop I have to do absolutely nothing, the battery works as a charm for easily 4 years at 80% capacity, to then get a notice, please replace. Sold Dell and Lenovo for years, but lol, what a joke what that. Even today, it is like going back in time 20 years reading these topics.

I remember having to replace my battery almost every year, if wanting to have a few hours of work time. Not to mention all the other drama. Even my first apple laptop still works today, with the original battery, my girlfriend uses it for movies, office etc (9-10 years old now).

Edited by ChaiyaTH