Moo Baan committee members

Does anyone know if there are any laws regarding payment to the Juristic person committee members and chairman, paid by the home owners?

Thanks for any help given. 

I don't think you will find any law covering moo-baan committee payments, most moo baans seem to follow the condo legislation . You can find the legislation online and easy to understand. If there is any mention of payments, its probably more to do with reimbursement for expenses incurred on behalf of the moo-baan, not a salary for the commitee 

I live in a moo baan with now 12 different phases and 1000+ houses

I learned this bastards did this so they could not be forced to build a local school, which would have been great ... whatever

there was 1 office with several people to handle everything

beginning of last year , suddenly they begin to build small offices, in every phase

and took an external management company to handle, the same bureaucracy...

the common fees went up instantly with 35% ...

the security guards , sure they did not get 35% increase, nor the street cleaners or tree trimmers...

guess the owners voted for this, and I as a farang, well, not an owner, had no choice...

ZERO better service for 35% more....  36.000 baht now, per year...

you pay per sq wah

a rich dude came in, bought 2 house, demolished half and reconstructed to double or more size... he will only pay the original fee, not 2 or 3 times more, as the whole plot is fully built now compared to a good size garden...

My misses formed a committee, forced a vote and took the housing management from the original builders (250 houses).

She gets nothing but they built a small office and employed a lady do deal with day to day issues.

Fees are based on land size, nothing else, and have been the same since the moobaan was built 10 years back.

We pay just under 5kbht/year.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

No rules, our estate is in two parts Mrs ran it for a couple of years then got bullied out of it by a new committee who obviously have their hand in the till. On the other single house part the head man was so obviously stealing the service charge cash that the cops, then the army turned up in personal carriers. Stand off for a couple of hours then they sent for his boss to come and talk him out- from the local POLICE STATION! He swore vengeance on the people who reported it and gave part of the money back. They should do a lakorn on moo bann committees. The better builder like land and houses and Sansiri install professional management, others just leave it up to the residents and that can be a vipers nest 

Edited by proton