visa question , got stamped in, customs issued a 30 day but did not see my issued 6 month tourist multi entry unstamped page what to do (still Valid)????

came in with a 6 month multi entry tourist visa issued and pasted into passport from australia, when i went through customs/immigration at Don Mueang airport the officer overlooked the visa page (despite me placing my boarding pass in that page and handing open photo page as a standard proceedure) and stamped me in on a 30 day visa on entry

my issued visa is still valid, and i only noticed this mistake by immigration the other day, 

question ???

could i go to local immigration office to recify the mistake ?

or do you educated people here think i may have to do a visa run to get stamped out then make sure they stamp the correct page on returning?

figuring i could do nothing until near expiry then get the 6 months ?

• Haha 1

Yeah, local immigration next stop, it should be fixed for free.

Standard MO is the check your stamp before leaving the immigration desk at the port of entry, far easier to fix it then.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

Go to shange watnnana asap.

whats shange watnnanna is your spell correct? wattanna you mean !! but shange is that chaeng !!

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, local immigration next stop, it should be fixed for free.

Standard MO is the check your stamp before leaving the immigration desk at the port of entry, far easier to fix it then.

yeah correct that but ive never had this happen b4 and to slip me boarding pass on that page the chances are usally correct but thailand i know and should know check everything, dont usally question officials in suits could get worse if ya know what i mean

4 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Go to shange watnnana asap.

3 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Go to chang wattana and change it.  Otherwise you will have to pay huge fines.

whys that i have a valid 30 day visa now and a unused valid for stamp 180 day multi visa, it was their mistake not mine i payed 300AU for that visa (unused one still valid)

2 hours ago, pleple62 said:

whys that i have a valid 30 day visa now and a unused valid for stamp 180 day multi visa, it was their mistake not mine i payed 300AU for that visa (unused one still valid)

It's your responsibility to check the stamp you get upon arrival. That being said, if you go to immigration, chances are they'll fix it for you and make it 60 days.

On 1/27/2024 at 5:50 PM, ukrules said:

Did you fill out the visa number on the entry form ?

image.png.b75764bf9a5694b0a02da3d57704a400.png

thats bold skool buddy none of that stuff these days  they scrapped it ages ago

3 minutes ago, pleple62 said:

thats bold skool buddy none of that stuff these days  they scrapped it ages ago

I guess it's been a while since I left the country as I've still got one in my passport

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

well, well, well not so educated people here, outdated advice, skeletons in the closet, OMG 

well after that post of answers, seems a who knows of who knows about old entry cards, and whos file scan is better argument

after doing what i was going to do if i got no luck here, that being go i to a tourist area immigration office, as you get better english communication from thai officals, the ADVICE punters, come back within a week of expiry, check you out with date stamp, then stamp the valid visa sitting in my passport stamped USED and dated , whammo 6 months multi entry, 60 days at a time, 7 months all up

ALOHA

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 1/27/2024 at 6:11 PM, Caldera said:

It's your responsibility to check the stamp you get upon arrival. That being said, if you go to immigration, chances are they'll fix it for you and make it 60 days.

no completely wrong , they admitted mistake, and 180 days sir, said with thai smile and a sorry

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, pleple62 said:

no completely wrong , they admitted mistake, and 180 days sir, said with thai smile and a sorry

Nonsense. As you had just written in your previous post, each entry with a multi-entry tourist visa gives you 60 days.

Fixing the wrong entry stamp doesn't change the validity / use-by date of the visa in any shape or form.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/29/2024 at 2:05 AM, ukrules said:

I guess it's been a while since I left the country as I've still got one in my passport

Yeah I've been in and out twice in the last 10 weeks, no TM6. 

7 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Yeah I've been in and out twice in the last 10 weeks, no TM6. 

Right, the last time I left was in late 2019 so that explains the difference. I've just been extending in country since then.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Caldera said:

Nonsense. As you had just written in your previous post, each entry with a multi-entry tourist visa gives you 60 days.

Fixing the wrong entry stamp doesn't change the validity / use-by date of the visa in any shape or form.

gives stamped 6 months date on visa 3 entries 60 days at a time

21 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

For future entries, get stamped walk 3 meters stop open Passport check what the IO just did. Easier to fix........

walk 3 mtrs your out go to CW

1 hour ago, pleple62 said:

No, turn around and re-introduce yourself that he or she stamped your passport with the incorrect stay date - fixed

On 1/31/2024 at 5:33 AM, pleple62 said:

well, well, well not so educated people here, outdated advice, skeletons in the closet, OMG 

well after that post of answers, seems a who knows of who knows about old entry cards, and whos file scan is better argument

after doing what i was going to do if i got no luck here, that being go i to a tourist area immigration office, as you get better english communication from thai officals, the ADVICE punters, come back within a week of expiry, check you out with date stamp, then stamp the valid visa sitting in my passport stamped USED and dated , whammo 6 months multi entry, 60 days at a time, 7 months all up

ALOHA

Well... you certainly showed them to be frauds... aren't you proud and special.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pleple62 said:

You did not understand advice from @CANSIAM .

For future travel (entries) always check your stamp.

When io hands back your pp walk away from desk and check you have been given correct stamp "admitted until date"

Also next entry point out your visa page.

In any event your question has been answered.

Topic closed. 

• Thumbs Up 1