Cricket - England win, Australia lose

Just been watching the cricket.

England beat India in India by 28 runs in an unlikely victory. Arguably, the hardest place to go and win a test.

Australia lost at home to West indies. West Indies hadn't won a test in Australia for 27 years! Australia totally capitulated from 113-2 to 207 all out and lost by 8 runs.

• Love It 1

Last time Aus and India lost a test on the same day was back in 1977.

Well played England, I said yesterday morning they will lose this test by 8 wickets ..............famous last words, well played Ollie Pope on his 196 and well played Tom Hartley with a match figure of 9-193, best on debut since John Lever, 10-70 also against India, in Dec 1976.

But do not count your chickens yet, still another 4 tests to go.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Last time Aus and India lost a test on the same day was back in 1977.

Well played England, I said yesterday morning they will lose this test by 8 wickets ..............famous last words, well played Ollie Pope on his 196 and well played Tom Hartley with a match figure of 9-193, best on debut since John Lever, 10-70 also against India, in Dec 1976.

But do not count your chickens yet, still another 4 tests to go.  

I would not be in the least bit surprised if England get battered in the next 4 tests. It's just nice to be able to crow about a victory, however briefly.....

Great stats by the way :thumbsup: I used to go and see Lever play for Essex in the 1980's.

19 minutes ago, Haveasay said:

Aussies retained both the ashes and Frank Worrell trophy. Great cricket who ends up with the spoils? England still have a series to win for a change, save gloating till that ends!

Salty, much! Doesn’t surprise me. 

• Confused 1