Big Joke says police and Thailand vindicated after German trip where sex abuser recanted hi

webfact

42 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

1 million baht sounds about right, it's the number that I've heard on previous occasions, with regard to this crime. 

20,000 Baht for drink driving is the norm. I know someone that paid that several times in HH. He never learns.

• Agree 1

The court requires a guarantee deposit or bail money to exit jail to wait for trial which can take many months, or years even.  It appears the bail/lawyer costs was 700,000 baht.

The alleged perpetrator also requires a court order signed by a judge to depart country for Germany.  A good excuse is required.  The German mentioned medical reasons in the article.  The letter is presented to immigration at the airport.

If he doesn't return for trial the 700,000 bail is forfeited and he will lose his case.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

20,000 Baht for drink driving is the norm. I know someone that paid that several times in HH. He never learns.

But neither does big joke, he's incapable of learning that was we are not willing to swallow the BS. My guess is that less than 1% of the population thinks this guy is straight, and thinks what he's saying is true. 

But then again that's his job, his job is to deflect, obscure the truth, and make it appear as if there's real crime fighting going on. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BenStark said:

Did the German get his 1 million back in exchange for retracting his earlier comments?

I suspect there was some deal made, likely this was not part of it. The whole story just sounds unlikely. He got out of the country, from the police station, and made it back to his home country while a suspect..... Pattaya police are involved, enough said!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect there was some deal made, likely this was not part of it. The whole story just sounds unlikely. He got out of the country, from the police station, and made it back to his home country while a suspect..... Pattaya police are involved, enough said!

You are likely spot on and I wouldn't be surprised if big joke was part of the deal. Never forget he was deputy police chief for a while and the RTP is a pyramid scheme, so anybody who thinks this guy is clean is naive at best. He likely has a fortune parked overseas. 

• Agree 1