Young woman brutally murdered in Si Sa Ket

webfact

image.jpeg

In a chilling incident, a merciless assailant used a firearm to fatally shoot a 25-year-old woman in front of her residence in the town of Si Sa Ket. The victim, identified as Jiraphan Linson, was found lifeless on a Honda Wave parked outside, initially discovered dancing on a morlam stage before her tragic demise.

On January 29, Captain Kamonlak Samsaidee, deputy head of the Si Sa Ket Police Investigation Unit, received a report of a shooting at house number 114 in Sam Subdistrict, Mueang District, Si Sa Ket. Immediately, officials, including Lieutenant Colonel Sarawut Khamnoi, deputy commander of the Si Sa Ket Provincial Police, and Captain Pradit Ob-oon, superintendent of the Si Sa Ket Provincial Police Station, rushed to the scene, reported Daily News.

The lifeless body of Jiraphan Linson was discovered with a large gunshot wound penetrating her forehead, causing a horrifying exit wound on her face. The incident is suspected to be a result of a shooting from behind.

Witnesses recounted that during the incident, a loud gunshot was heard, prompting bystanders to investigate. The assailant fled the scene before onlookers could identify the victim. The homeowner, 63-year-old Thong Samut, revealed that no one was home during the incident due to a village event, and they were unaware of the tragedy until later.

Investigations suggest that the victim, originally from Surin province, might have been involved in a romantic dispute or faced animosity within the community. Prior to the incident, she was seen dancing on the morlam stage, possibly becoming the target due to personal issues. Authorities are actively pursuing leads to apprehend the perpetrator in accordance with the law.

-- ASEAN NOW 2024-01-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

RIP to the young lady concerned. You did not deserve to lose your life at so young an age. 

Is a shooting a brutal murder? Not being critical here, just asking if brutal is the right word. I am unsure

Using the English language, I would have used the word 'brutal' to describe something that made the victim suffer....like multiple stab wounds or beaten to death with a blunt instrument, rather than something that killed them instantly, something that involves the killer in the destruction more than pulling a trigger. I have found recently that I do use some words inappropriately and editors of media are usually better acquainted with language that I am.  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, retarius said:

RIP to the young lady concerned. You did not deserve to lose your life at so young an age. 

Is a shooting a brutal murder? Not being critical here, just asking if brutal is the right word. I am unsure

Using the English language, I would have used the word 'brutal' to describe something that made the victim suffer....like multiple stab wounds or beaten to death with a blunt instrument, rather than something that killed them instantly, something that involves the killer in the destruction more than pulling a trigger. I have found recently that I do use some words inappropriately and editors of media are usually better acquainted with language that I am.  

A rather strange reply... 

RiP was quite sufficient.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1