Thai man rapes daughter and stepdaughter, mother turns blind eye

image.jpeg

Police arrested a Thai father for repeatedly raping his biological daughter and stepdaughter over a 10- year period. One of the victims became pregnant while the victims’ mother chose to turn a blind eye to the sexual assaults.

Officers from the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) arrested the 38 year old alleged rapist named Ram on January 27 in the central province of Ayutthaya for raping two daughters. The rapes took place while he was living with his wife and daughters in the northern province of Lampang.

One of the victims was his 22 year old stepdaughter named A. The second victim was Ram’s biological daughter named A. B is now 18 years old and became pregnant as a result of the sexual assault.

ThaiRath reported that Ram sexually assaulted his stepdaughter A since she was seven years old. A moved out of the house to live with her boyfriend to escape the rapist. Ram also raped his own daughter B since she was nine years old.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ ตำรวจสอบสวนกลาง

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 10

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Police arrested a Thai father for repeatedly raping his biological daughter and stepdaughter over a 10- year period. One of the victims became pregnant while the victims’ mother chose to turn a blind eye to the sexual assaults

10 years...  !!!!!

Nomen est omen. 10 years is a long time to keep this secret, neither of the girls thought about reporting this, especially when they were older? and why did his wife put up with the ghastly situation?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The mother is nearly as morally bankrupt and horrific as her husband, she should be sharpening her kitchen knives and using them to put a stop to this. 

What a pathetic couple. Lock them both up. 

I have noticed that many people tend to be omertous about sexual affairs.

For example, I know of a lecturer at a university (I won't mention the name) who had multi-year sexual affairs with colleagues and students, and the faculty where he works covered it up so as not to create a scandal.

That lecturer is still teaching there, with no problems.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

There is one guy in Austria you did it for decades, fathering her not only once.

Thai prison time will teach him a lesson I reckon.🙏

That was Josef Fritzl. Fathered SEVEN children with his own daughter he had locked in the basement for 24 years.

The authorities actually decided last week to move this beast from psychiatric detention in a maximum security prison to a regular prison as he is suffering from dementia and is no longer considered a danger. This is to pave the way for him to be released to a nursing home to see out the rest of his life.

While I agree with most of the posts here, the 1st thing to consider by the judges is the well-being of the children and their children.
Put them both in a maximum security prison and let them work in prison to give their children a good life, IMHO. 

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Nomen est omen. 10 years is a long time to keep this secret, neither of the girls thought about reporting this, especially when they were older? and why did his wife put up with the ghastly situation?

I guess fear, shame, lack of confidence in the adults around them (uncle was also abusing) and mistrust of the authorities.

And a child might wonder: Who is going to take care of me if my father and mother are arrested? Who will believe me if I tell them it's been going on for years? They will ask why I didn't report it before now.

The wife - I find it very hard to find any reason for her not to defend her children instinctively, but we have no idea about her own childhood. This sort of behavior may have been "normal" in her family.

Not excusing the father, mother, or uncle. Those adults should receive the maximum punishment.

7 hours ago, zhounan said:

I have noticed that many people tend to be omertous about sexual affairs.

For example, I know of a lecturer at a university (I won't mention the name) who had multi-year sexual affairs with colleagues and students, and the faculty where he works covered it up so as not to create a scandal.

That lecturer is still teaching there, with no problems.

Well if the teachers and students are of legal age and it's consensual, I think that's a whole different story. It may not be socially permissible but it is certainly legal and it's not predatory.

When you're talking about a man abusing his daughter or a relative that's a whole different story, and that's a whole different level of abuse and social deviance. We are talking about apples and oranges here.