Marriage Visa At Chaengwattana also need to do 90 report, can it be done with same officer?

I have an appointment to renew my marriage visa at Chaengwattana on Friday at 10am.  I also need to do my 90 report before, but there are no appointment slots before 10am for this.

Does anyone know if I can turn up for the marriage visa appointment and they will also process my 90 day report at the same time? Or do I have to do it separately via different desk/officer and they wont combine the two?

Thanks

As said totally different sides of the room/officers.  Is your 90 day report overdue - if not should just do after the extension (but sometimes long wait at 90 day queue desk - normally better to do online).

You could get tickets for both services. But make sure you prioritise the marriage visa online appointment time.

If your 90 day ticket number is passed for the 90 days line because you are busy dealing with your marriage visa, then simply get another queue number and then see how long you have to wait. You can judge it by looking at the number of people waiting.

The lines for the 90 day generally dry up late in the day. So there should be very little of a queue by around 3pm.

But I would recommend you do the 90 days online. Should take about 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, Millian said:

Does anyone know if I can turn up for the marriage visa appointment and they will also process my 90 day report at the same time?

Let's put it this way.....the io at extension desk can do it.

Will he/she do it is another matter.

Suggest when you arrive at CW rather than go downstairs to do banking stuff...go to que desk and get ticket for TM47.

After you take care of your extension check the que numbers in the 90 report desk area. 

If not big wait you can choose to wait or leave. 

12 minutes ago, Millian said:

Unfortunately its overdue, so I need to do it first.

I think I'll make a trip the day before, as they have an appointment slot free then.

I understand your logic. 

For the record ...I once attended CW for extension and my report was overdue couple of days.

The io noticed and started to deal with his computer with my last TM47 in hand.

I stopped him and explained that I did it via mail and for him not to do it. 

Point is they can be helpful.

The issue now is the doc check chicks now (last couple of years) check for TM47 receipt.

Think your idea of going day early for report a good idea. 

Or if possible push back (few hours) your extension appointment and do the 90 report early same day

They only had one slot available for Visa on Friday, so cant change it.

I could go early in the morn to try and get the 90 day done first without an appointment, but knowing what the queuses like don't wanna risk not getting seen before 10am.

Also have to take the the wife and kid on the day of visa extension, so dont really wanna be hanging around from the wee hours.

I've made an appointment for the 90 report the day before, so think I'll do that so I can be in and out, even if I have to go two days in a  row.

Thanks for all the replies.

Edited by Millian
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Millian said:

I have an appointment to renew my marriage visa at Chaengwattana on Friday at 10am.  I also need to do my 90 report before, but there are no appointment slots before 10am for this.

Does anyone know if I can turn up for the marriage visa appointment and they will also process my 90 day report at the same time? Or do I have to do it separately via different desk/officer and they wont combine the two?

Thanks

Why would you want to do 90-day report before?  I think you need to do it after you do the visa extension, possibly book it for after lunch

4 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Why would you want to do 90-day report before?  I think you need to do it after you do the visa extension, possibly book it for after lunch

Because they ask for a copy of 90 day report receipt along with extension of stay paperwork?  His current extension of stay receipt was more than 90 days ago?  He has not traveled out of Thailand during that time?

31 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Because they ask for a copy of 90 day report receipt along with extension of stay paperwork?  His current extension of stay receipt was more than 90 days ago?  He has not traveled out of Thailand during that time?

Strange, it is the opposite for retirement.  In order to get my 90-day extension, I had to get my retirement extended first.  

1 minute ago, kingstonkid said:

Strange, it is the opposite for retirement.  In order to get my 90-day extension, I had to get my retirement extended first.  

90 day extension?  We were talking 90 day address report.  And I extend for retirement and they want a copy of last 90 day address report receipt at CW last few years.  90 day address has nothing to do with extension of stay date in Bangkok.

Just now, lopburi3 said:

90 day extension?  We were talking 90 day address report.  And I extend for retirement and they want a copy of last 90 day address report receipt at CW last few years.  90 day address has nothing to do with extension of stay date in Bangkok.

sorry used the wrong word. Yes, it is the address report.    When I did my annual extension renewal, I was past due because they will not renew online if you do not have a full 90 on your extension.  I am not even sure they worried about it as I had the last report paper in my passport and nothing was asked.  I have for the past 12 years done it that way renewal, then 90-day report in that order, and never had an issue.  I have the receipt, and of course, they have access to the computer, but I have never had to or been able to get a 90-day before I renew.  Now my 90 days are usually just a week at most overdue not sure that makes a difference though

OP issue is his report is overdue - if not time for a 90 day report the current receipt in his passport would be fine and he could then do normal when due.  Not sure how you are timing it to do every extension of stay at Chiang Watanna however.  90 day reports do not follow extensions times in Bangkok.  So guess you are using the 45 day window to make extension at a time when 90 day report would be normally due.

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Let's put it this way.....the io at extension desk can do it.

Will he/she do it is another matter.

A couple of years ago, when I was getting my yearly retirement extension, the immigration officer simultaneously updated my 90 day. This was during covid days. She asked if I had my current 90 day receipt and made the update. Don't know why they did it, but they printed out a new one and gave it over. It was at their urging. I didn't request it. 

34 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

they will not renew online if you do not have a full 90 on your extension.

Is this a thing now? Not experienced this before - able to renew TM47 with less than 90 days on my extension.

8 minutes ago, John Drake said:

A couple of years ago, when I was getting my yearly retirement extension, the immigration officer simultaneously updated my 90 day. This was during covid days. She asked if I had my current 90 day receipt and made the update. Don't know why they did it, but they printed out a new one and gave it over. It was at their urging. I didn't request it. 

That's correct. 

CW were doing that around 2020/21

Of course some immigration offices do the TM47 as part of extension process.

I suggested earlier to OP that he grab que ticket for the 90 report attend his appointment for extension.

With any luck the io will do his report.

If not he has a que ticket for report.

All bit irrelevant as the OP has made appointment for the 90 Report on Thurs and going back Fri for extension.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

That's correct. 

CW were doing that around 2020/21

Of course some immigration offices do the TM47 as part of extension process.

I suggested earlier to OP that he grab que ticket for the 90 report attend his appointment for extension.

With any luck the io will do his report.

If not he has a que ticket for report.

All bit irrelevant as the OP has made appointment for the 90 Report on Thurs and going back Fri for extension.

Yes It just seemed backwards to me.  Then again, anytime I have gone to Pathum Thani immigration, they check the papers, flip through my passport, get my pic and money, and send me on my way. 

On 1/29/2024 at 6:08 PM, DrJack54 said:

I understand your logic. 

For the record ...I once attended CW for extension and my report was overdue couple of days.

The io noticed and started to deal with his computer with my last TM47 in hand.

I stopped him and explained that I did it via mail and for him not to do it. 

Point is they can be helpful.

The issue now is the doc check chicks now (last couple of years) check for TM47 receipt.

Think your idea of going day early for report a good idea. 

Or if possible push back (few hours) your extension appointment and do the 90 report early same day

Dr Jack, given the wealth of threads and reports on the 90days issue, WHY do people leave it until the last moment or forger??

Mail in, online And personal submission! All mostly easy.

I'm in my 70's but even I can put a calendar reminder and alarm into my fairly old Samsung "smart phone"

I travel overseas a bit (times overlapping with 90 days reports.

But I carefully calculate 90 days from when I return, and set reminder accordingly,

Also I keep EVERY boarding pass inbound and outbound to Bangkok#

(# these I photocopy in time sequence and submit if an annual extension is due, along with the other normal docs.)

It's not rocket science !

5 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Mail in, online And personal submission! All mostly easy.

Agree.

I also travel a lot and note due date on cell phone calendar every time I reenter Thailand.

Having stated that I have been forced to visit CW in person when online has left me in limbo (no reply).

My bullet proof method is via mail. 

In my experience CW return my docs and even new blank TM47. 

In this thread the OP could have done both on same visit but explained for extension had wife and child with him.

Didn't want to have them wait too long

It is not clear from the above whether OP is past the grace period (1 week) for the 90-day address report.

I notice the use of the term "over-due."

At least in my experience about 10 years ago, if you are past the grace period on reporting your address longer than 90 days (i.e., plus 7 days), then you are fined 2,000 baht, AND they put a half-page red stamp in your passport saying your were delinquent.

While I dutifully paid the fine, the glaring, half-page red stamp made me wonder why Immo/CW needed to alert other Immo officers that I was once late in complying with the 90-day deadline for an address report.  Only after I got a new passport did the red stamp disappear -- at least on page.

Word to the wise:  Don't be late on the 90-day address report.