Phuket Airport’s got trunks: Viral sensation as tourists make splash in speedos

snoop1130

Are we going to see the same 'netizen' out-rage as we did with the girls sunbathing on the grass ???

Is a task force of policemen going to be sent to reprimand these bogans for upsetting Thailands sensitivities ???

There has to be 'some outrage' right ??...

And of course, we can expect the "they give all of us farangs a bad name" type comments...  Along with "what is it with these arrogant toursts that they do not learn the local culture and customs?"..... 

... just two bogan tools thinking they are funny....    I will of course agree with most of the predictable comments... these guys are an embarrassment to whatever nation they are from (I've made my guess)....    Surely there were authorities at the airport to tell them "no grow up !!" 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are we going to see the same 'netizen' out-rage as we did with the girls sunbathing on the grass ???

Is a task force of policemen going to be sent to reprimand these bogans for upsetting Thailands sensitivities ???

There has to be 'some outrage' right ??...

And of course, we can expect the "they give all of us farangs a bad name" type comments...  Along with "what is it with these arrogant toursts that they do not learn the local culture and customs?"..... 

... just two bogan tools thinking they are funny....    I will of course agree with most of the predictable comments... these guys are an embarrassment to whatever nation they are from (I've made my guess)....    Surely there were authorities at the airport to tell them "no grow up !!" 

I think it's ghastly they're wearing flip flops in an airport. Positively uncouth but it was wise to use a cart as I'd think their bags would be uncomfortably cutting into their shoulders. One step back, one step forward.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

I don't understand why these people do this, but to make a problem of it is a bit too much... THailand is a very conservative country, and doesn't accept other thinking or behaviours.. If a few people act differently from all the other millions that will be enlarged, just as every tourist is doing it.. And than complaining about the visiting numbers. You can't do both.. wanting visitors, but as they come complain isf a few have a different behaviour

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Tourists in Briefs Ignite Fury in Thailand
By Arun Saronchai

image.jpeg

In recent weeks, Thailand has once again found itself at the center of a cultural controversy, thanks to the actions of foreign tourists that have sparked widespread debate across social media and within the local community.

This discourse is not new to Thailand. However, the recurring theme of cultural insensitivity displayed by some Western tourists while visiting the kingdom raises profound questions about respect, cultural relativism, and the seemingly double standards that pervade international tourism.

The incidents in question — two foreigners clad in nothing but briefs at Phuket airport and another pair sunbathing in the vicinity of the Grand Palace in Bangkok — are not just isolated acts of individual thoughtlessness. They are symptomatic of a broader issue that plagues many tourist destinations worldwide: the failure of some visitors to recognize and respect the cultural norms and sacred sites of their host countries.

Full story: THAI ENQUIRER 2024-01-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What do Thais think when they visit the South of France and see people sunbathing and even supermarket shopping in the nude?

As a tourist destination, maybe it’s time for Thailand to make allowances for people from other cultures who after all are helping to support the incomes of so many locals. I’m not saying their trunks are appropriate for temple visits, but beaches and airports are not holy places.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Doubt they they would do so back in Moscow.

I assume they are Russian, as no Aussie or Brit would do such thing.

On the other hand they may have just wanted to teach a lesson to the genitals deniers.

Edited by Ben Zioner

Disgusting display.  The same people would go to a resturant or shop like that and expect to be served.  I would like to see more notices like. NO SHIRT NO FOOD. 

outside resturants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Or maybe it is time for tourists to respect the culture of the country that they CHOSE to visit... that's seems to be a concept that you have never learned.

I'll remeber that next time I walk past the scantily clad lasses at the bars on the way to the beach after paying my respects at the local Wat where scantilay clad lasses were dancing as part of the temple festival.

Herin lies the problem. It's a little confusing for tourists to repect a culture that says one thing in a tourist guide and openly practices the opposite. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

I assume they are Russian, as no Aussie or Brit would do such thing.

Bizarre thought process to lock it down to just three nationalities only?

Anyway the Budgy Smuggler Instagram pandemic is an Australian phenomenon. Who was it said humor doesn't travel well?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

I've made a guess as well, definitely not raised properly. I would assume their choice of attire would be worn for an immigration extension visit as well.........

Visiting an Immigration Office for my first retirement extension in 2005 in the queue in front of me were two males with shaven heads, both wearing identical attire, sleeveless string vests, swim trunks and flipflops. They were turned away by the IO and minced away grumbling but holding hands....😀

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

Boy, that's not a bet the old me could afford to lose but these two pull it off as best can. 

Perhaps they were snapped just changing their clothes.

Just wondering if the complaints came from Americans who are well known prudes in terms of 'speedo ' costumes whereas same swim suits are normal / worn by a big % o beach / pool goers in Italy and other med. countries and in Sth America and Australia for decades.   

6 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

These guys move through Airport security screening at lightning speed. Much appreciated :clap2:

Or it works the other way, less time consuming for a body cavity search.........you two are chosen....!

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

Perhaps they were snapped just changing their clothes.

Just wondering if the complaints came from Americans who are well known prudes in terms of 'speedo ' costumes whereas same swim suits are normal / worn by a big % o beach / pool goers in Italy and other med. countries and in Sth America and Australia for decades.   

You think the Americans who come to Thailand are the prudish sort?