Disturbing behaviour of police officer who raped minor exposed by another student

snoop1130

สกรีนช็อต-2024-01-31-112334.jpg

Female students reportedly exposed the disturbing behaviour of the Patiew Police Station officer, who raped the 17 year old girl in the Isaan province of Yasothon. Ironically, the officer reportedly trained students on how to protect themselves from sexual abuse and assaults but, he now faces a rape charge.

A Thai mother sought help from Saimai Survive after her 17 year old daughter was allegedly raped by a Patiew Police Station officer, 50 year old Police Captain Kampanat Pimphu, on January 29. Kampanat reportedly demanded a 2,000 baht fine from the victim for riding a motorcycle without a licence and helmet.

The victim was unable to pay the fine, so Kampanat dragged her to a room 300 metres from the police station and sexually assaulted her in exchange for the fine. He also told the victim to meet him again the next day for sex.

Kampanat was arrested on January 30 and reportedly admitted to raping the victim. Yasothon Provincial Court denied his request for bail and remanded him in custody for an initial period of 12 days before the next hearing.

Following Kampanat’s arrest, several other female students came forward to Saimai Survive to expose the police officer’s disturbing behaviour.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via Twitter/ @Redskull

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 7

21 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The victim was unable to pay the fine, so Kampanat dragged her to a room 300 metres from the police station and sexually assaulted her in exchange for the fine. He also told the victim to meet him again the next day for sex.

The archetype of Thai law enforcement.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Female students reportedly exposed the disturbing behaviour of the Patiew Police Station officer, who raped the 17 year old girl in the Isaan province of Yasothon. Ironically, the officer reportedly trained students on how to protect themselves from sexual abuse and assaults but, he now faces a rape charge.

In the RTP we trust

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Yasothon Provincial Court denied his request for bail and remanded him in custody for an initial period of 12 days before the next hearing.

That's an impressive and absolutely correct court decision in line with societal norms and expectations. Now, if only the Constitutional Court was so informed.

• Like 1

I keep telling my daughter, trust no one. When we live in Canada I tell her if you ever find yourself in trouble call the Fire Department (911 ask for FD). Not sure what it is about Fire department people, rarely hear of issues happening, at least in Canada anyway. I have a little bit more trust in city police in Canada, not much though, and avoid RCMP at all costs.

But here, we trust no one. That being said I have run into quite a few emergency services people, local ambulance guys/girls, who have been very helpful. They too have made subtle warnings to avoid local police, if possible.