Obtaining Non O Visa based on marriage (90 day visa itself, not extension) finance question

Hi everyone.  The recent changes to the financial requirements have thrown out my plans to get the 1 year Non O ME (multiple entry) marriage visa in Savannakhet/Laos.  I'm not going to be able to get above 400K in the bank in time to have it sit for 2-3 months before needing to renew my visa, so here's my question:

If I go outside the country (preferably Penang but will do what must be done) to just get the 90 day Non O visa, does that still have the same financial requirements?  Or is the financial requirement only for getting the 12 month extension or getting the 1 Year ME visa?

My hope is that I can, even though it's a pain, just leave the country to go get my 90 day single entry non o based on marriage, and give myself time to build back up the 400K (spent on building a house, always thought I'd have the Savannakhet option to fall back on.  I know I know,  poor planning).  I took a look at the Kuala Lumpur embassy website, looks like it's doable there but seems expensive.  The Penang website link is broken, and can't seem to find recent info.  On quick glance Vientiane appeared doable but I'm in the south and that's a hell of a journey. 

Thanks for any info/ advice.

I am off to Savannakhet on Mon to do the same as you, get the 90 non o type immi visa ( not an extension), 

Below is a screen shot from another poster who did this on 12th Jan at Savannakhet.

The text at the bottom reads that the 400k did not need seasoning,just had to be in the bank on day of application.

When I get back Wed/Thurs I will post a quick update if there are any new requirements for this visa.

20240112_155430.thumb.jpg.8f0cc470fae8378afd64a669c344ca20.jpg

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP you could consider a border bounce to enter visa exempt and obtain a non O at immigration office in Thailand.

This attached thread outlines the process and a post I made has links to other threads.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1315828-visa-exempt-to-90-day-non-o-spouse-visa-conversion-in-thailand/

Thanks, there was a helpful link to a pdf in there about converting from tourist to non O.  Looks like you still need the 400k to do that, but being able to come back in on a visa exempt then extending would give some time to get that together. 

24 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

I am off to Savannakhet on Mon to do the same as you, get the 90 non o type immi visa ( not an extension), 

Below is a screen shot from another poster who did this on 12th Jan at Savannakhet.

The text at the bottom reads that the 400k did not need seasoning,just had to be in the bank on day of application.

When I get back Wed/Thurs I will post a quick update if there are any new requirements for this visa.

20240112_155430.thumb.jpg.8f0cc470fae8378afd64a669c344ca20.jpg

Looks like you could even just get the Multiple Entry this way too.    I would still need something temporary while I gather the funds, but it's good to know you don't have to season it going this route.

37 minutes ago, South84 said:

Looks like you still need the 400k to do that, but being able to come back in on a visa exempt then extending would give some time to get that together. 

For the non O application in Thailand the money only needs to be in bank on day of application. 

Putting that aside....I assume that you are aware you can obtain a "60 day extension to visit wife" 

Folk sometimes use this buy time to organize funds. 

• Haha 1

If you are asking about a single entry non immigrant O visa from Savannakhet as indicated do not believe there is any show of money required.  For multi entry there indeed is.

https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visiting-family-member-of-a-thai-nationality-a-sp?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453f

On 2/1/2024 at 12:13 PM, DrJack54 said:

For the non O application in Thailand the money only needs to be in bank on day of application. 

Putting that aside....I assume that you are aware you can obtain a "60 day extension to visit wife" 

Folk sometimes use this buy time to organize funds. 

I actually wasn't aware of that.  Is that an extension that would get added on to a tourist visa or if I entered as a tourist on visa exempt?

32 minutes ago, South84 said:

Is that an extension that would get added on to a tourist visa or if I entered as a tourist on visa exempt?

The 60 would be added to entries from a non O , tourist visa , visa exempt