90 day visa waivers in Thailand on the agenda next week - Tim Newton Today - Feb 2

webfact

image.jpeg

Thailand news - Two opinion pieces about the possibility of Thai immigration lengthening the current 30 day visa-waivers for some countries, to 90 days. The latest in the fate of the Russian/Belarusian rock band, were they deported? Interesting report on trends, specifically with Grab, relating to tourists and their customers.

And Chinese-manufactured cars, for the first time, have overtaken Japanese exports to become the world's largest car exporter.

Tim Newton Today is a daily take on Thai and regional news and issues of interest to expats and foreign tourists.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Thailand news - Two opinion pieces about the possibility of Thai immigration lengthening the current 30 day visa-waivers for some countries, to 90 days. The latest in the fate of the Russian/Belarusian rock band, were they deported? Interesting report on trends, specifically with Grab, relating to tourists and their customers.

And Chinese-manufactured cars, for the first time, have overtaken Japanese exports to become the world's largest car exporter.

Tim Newton Today is a daily take on Thai and regional news and issues of interest to expats and foreign tourists.

I live in Canada half way around the world, and it would be a great improvement for me to stay up to 90 days.. I do hope Thailand includes Canada if they indeed expand the visa free period.

Harvey M

4 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Tim,

Give it 5 years, and tell us how good the Chinese EVs are. Some comp.aints I have heard about EVs

are, Beyond expensive to get a new battery when one is needed. High price of tires when they need replacing, especially Tesla. Difficult to find fast charge stations in smaller cities and towns, etc.

The EV nightmare is just beginning. IMO

Harvey M