Renew how? AIS Net Marathon 15Mbps 100GB/month 12 month package. AIS store has no idea how!

bbi1

I have an AIS Net Marathon 15Mbps 100GB/month 12 month package which is about to expire in a few days. I went to the AIS store asking how can I renew it and the staff did a Google Translate via the app while talking into her phone. She said that it automatically renews and I asked how can it as I need to pay for it to renew then she said staff doesn't know how much it costs to renew but it renews automatically. Then she talked with two other staff members. One of them said it's 1,800 baht and I need to top up via the app. I showed her my app and under "My Package" it has the green button "Buy on-top package" and she said yes, to add money via the app using this. I said thanks, I will do this but after further inspection clicking on the green button "Buy on-top package" there's no options to add money only to buy some other extra packages.

How does one renew this Net Marathon package?

AIS store really has no idea. Does anyone here have an idea how to renew this package for another year?

See below screenshots of my app:

https://ibb.co/5YckT6N
https://ibb.co/CwynY3S

Edited by bbi1

57 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Usually you'll get a text message before or just after expiry, you then top up and the package payment comes out the following day

Ok, thanks. How do you top up, is there a URL in the text message they send or how can you top up online? Or do you need to go to an AIS shop and top up via that top up machine at the front of any AIS store by adding money onto your phone number?

Also, if you have an AIS 4G Home Wifi Modem Router it also has a SIM with the exact same package but expires maybe a month or two later. Being that the SIM is in the router, there will be no text messages informing you when to top up, so I presume you'd need to ask the AIS shop to check for you. This is the one I'm talking about in this pic: https://www.google.com/search?q=ais+4g+home+Wifi+modem&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjQ_fnj4o6EAxURR2wGHeA9BmAQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=ais+4g+home+Wifi+modem&gs_lp=EgNpbWciFmFpcyA0ZyBob21lIFdpZmkgbW9kZW1I8RFQkwhY5A5wAHgAkAEAmAGCAaAB4QSqAQMwLjW4AQPIAQD4AQGKAgtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ4gGAQ&sclient=img&ei=3vu9ZdCWOZGOseMP4PuYgAY&bih=1038&biw=1920#imgrc=78_nP5zZkv0H1M

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

I have an AIS Net Marathon 15Mbps 100GB/month 12 month package which is about to expire in a few days. I went to the AIS store asking how can I renew it and the staff did a Google Translate via the app while talking into her phone. She said that it automatically renews and I asked how can it as I need to pay for it to renew then she said staff doesn't know how much it costs to renew but it renews automatically. Then she talked with two other staff members. One of them said it's 1,800 baht and I need to top up via the app. I showed her my app and under "My Package" it has the green button "Buy on-top package" and she said yes, to add money via the app using this. I said thanks, I will do this but after further inspection clicking on the green button "Buy on-top package" there's no options to add money only to buy some other extra packages.

AIS store really has no idea. Does anyone here have an idea how to renew this package for another year?

Don’t waste your time going into the stores. People don’t ever listen to that advice. Call centre. 
As @scubascuba3 stated, they’ll either offer it or they won’t. If they don’t, call them to ask. 
They may be able to apply it to your account. The issue is that it’s no longer a package that is on sale to the public. The new Marathon package has a mere 50GB allowance and costs 2,200 baht. 
https://www.ais.th/en/consumers/package/exclusive-plan/sim-netmarathon-max

4 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Ok, thanks. How do you top up, is there a URL in the text message they send or how can you top up online? Or do you need to go to an AIS shop and top up via that top up machine at the front of any AIS store by adding money onto your phone number?

Also, if you have an AIS 4G Home Wifi Modem Router it also has a SIM with the exact same package but expires maybe a month or two later. Being that the SIM is in the router, there will be no text messages informing you when to top up, so I presume you'd need to ask the AIS shop to check for you. This is the one I'm talking about in this pic: https://www.google.com/search?q=ais+4g+home+Wifi+modem&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjQ_fnj4o6EAxURR2wGHeA9BmAQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=ais+4g+home+Wifi+modem&gs_lp=EgNpbWciFmFpcyA0ZyBob21lIFdpZmkgbW9kZW1I8RFQkwhY5A5wAHgAkAEAmAGCAaAB4QSqAQMwLjW4AQPIAQD4AQGKAgtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ4gGAQ&sclient=img&ei=3vu9ZdCWOZGOseMP4PuYgAY&bih=1038&biw=1920#imgrc=78_nP5zZkv0H1M

You can top up via your bank account. You can pay by card via their application. You can do it at any service centre.. but that doesn’t mean you’ll be offered the same package. 

The router interface will have an SMS section. You can check for any SMS there. 

12 minutes ago, NextG said:

Don’t waste your time going into the stores. People don’t ever listen to that advice. Call centre. 
As @scubascuba3 stated, they’ll either offer it or they won’t. If they don’t, call them to ask. 
They may be able to apply it to your account. The issue is that it’s no longer a package that is on sale to the public. The new Marathon package has a mere 50GB allowance and costs 2,200 baht. 

For the new Marathon package has a mere 50GB allowance and costs 2,200 baht, on the top banner it says:

*Applicable to customers using a new One-2-Call SIM for less than 30 days only.

Right now I'm only 8 days away from my current package expiry so I will need to see if next week I get a text message offering me a renewal of my package, otherwise I'll have to give them a ring.

Edited by bbi1

22 minutes ago, NextG said:

I'm also looking at the Terms & Conditions on the link you've provided. It says the below, so I'm presuming the same with my current package which is about to expire shortly:

• There will be no SMS notification prior to the package termination.

Also, they are now charging for AIS to AIS calls. Previously all were free to the same network.

• Call rates : Calls to any networks are charged at 50 Satang/30 seconds (1 Baht for the first minute) 24 hours.

Edited by bbi1

I have this package, and AIS insisted that it couldn't be renewed. The option appeared in the app about 1 month after it expired (so I didn't have a package for about a month and just had to pay.) My husband got the renew option about 1 week after expiry. I don't know why it was different. We just had to top up the general credit in the app, and then we could renew using that balance.

Since the first renewal, we've been able to renew immediately when the package expired. I've never had a text message or notification about renewal. 

I can top up in the app. If you go to the packages tab, but DON'T click on My Packages. Scroll to the top where it tells you your balance, and there should be a top-up button next to it. 

If that doesn't work, you can probably top up through your Thai bank account to your phone number.

26 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I'm also looking at the Terms & Conditions on the link you've provided. It says the below, so I'm presuming the same with my current package which is about to expire shortly:

Also, they are now charging for AIS to AIS calls. Previously all were free to the same network.

• Call rates : Calls to any networks are charged at 50 Satang/30 seconds (1 Baht for the first minute) 24 hours.

Within the T&C there is also this: 

• After the package termination period, the package will be renewed in case a specified amount based on the package is topped up in order to allow for a continued package payment debit. In case of no top-up as required, however, no package payment can be made, and the user will be charged for their actual usage based on the terms and conditions stipulated above. The user may change the package three days prior to the package termination date only.

You might also ‘presume’ those conditions are the same and top up 1800 baht in anticipation. 

Worst case scenario, you can close the SIM if it doesn’t renew and refund what is left on the account. But there may be other options available before you get to that point. 
If I were you, I would seriously consider topping up that 1800 baht, simply because that package is no longer available to new customers. 

44 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Yes. That’s why it’s worth hanging on to the package you have now if you can. 

20 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

I have this package, and AIS insisted that it couldn't be renewed. The option appeared in the app about 1 month after it expired (so I didn't have a package for about a month and just had to pay.) My husband got the renew option about 1 week after expiry. I don't know why it was different. We just had to top up the general credit in the app, and then we could renew using that balance.

Since the first renewal, we've been able to renew immediately when the package expired. I've never had a text message or notification about renewal. 

I can top up in the app. If you go to the packages tab, but DON'T click on My Packages. Scroll to the top where it tells you your balance, and there should be a top-up button next to it. 

If that doesn't work, you can probably top up through your Thai bank account to your phone number.

So both you and your husband were able to renew the exact same package as you were on before, one week or one month after expiry? And for the same price of 1,890 baht, correct?

15 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

So both you and your husband were able to renew the exact same package as you were on before, one week or one month after expiry? And for the same price of 1,890 baht, correct?

Encouragingly, I found an old post for the 8Mbps Marathon SIM with regard to the automatic renewal. It also states, like the new Marathon Max; top up enough and it will auto-renew. 
In your case that may be 1,890 baht. Top up before the expiration date. 

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

If your phone has dual sim cards, MyAIS app will only display details of your "call" sim.

To top-up your data sim add money to your data sim number via your bank app.

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Day of expiry you get a notification on your phone in Thai, "top up your credit by 1,890bht before midnight to get another year".

And that's what you do, no options to choose, if the money is there they just take it.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

Yeah you have, you just didn't see it.

Looks like one of those spam network messages we all dismiss without reading.

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Encouragingly, I found an old post for the 8Mbps Marathon SIM with regard to the automatic renewal. It also states, like the new Marathon Max; top up enough and it will auto-renew. 
In your case that may be 1,890 baht. Top up before the expiration date. 

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Day of expiry you get a notification on your phone in Thai, "top up your credit by 1,890bht before midnight to get another year".

And that's what you do, no options to choose, if the money is there they just take it.

Ok, thanks. I will top up my number soon with 1,890 baht tomorrow.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Unfortunately it doesn't show the price I paid there. See screnshot: https://ibb.co/Btzk9k0

Maybe it doesn't show until after it's been renewed? I just looked again, and mine says it started in March 2022, but it was actually 2021, so that's from the 1st renewal, not from when I first registered it. I'll see what happens this year. 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Pretty sure I didn't. I got a message about it expiring. For the second year, that was fine since they were at basically the same time, but the first time, when I had to wait to renew, I think I'd have seen it. But I will watch out this year and see if anything comes through.

41 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Pretty sure I didn't. I got a message about it expiring. For the second year, that was fine since they were at basically the same time, but the first time, when I had to wait to renew, I think I'd have seen it. But I will watch out this year and see if anything comes through.

Since the T&C state that it will auto renew if the balance is sufficient, perhaps you can try that. You’ll know more in a week or so, from @bbi1 

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Easy to block those spams which also means we don't receive the renewal, i did that with dtac, reminded me to unblock