Forum upgrade in progress! ×

How to get Non O multiple 1year visa as parent

I have Thai child.
Not married.

Not legalized father.

I only have birth certificate. 

Now I’m in thailand with 3month non o visa. It will be expired soon. 

How do I get multiple non o immigrant visa for 1year? 

Go to Savannaket? 

Note that I do not have any personal experience with that, but from what was mentioned in the many threads on applying for the MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa in Savannakhet, I gathered that they do not accept 'thai dependant children' as reason for the application.  But maybe some applicants did succeed in doing that, and then that would be your way to go.  

There is also the possibility to apply at the the Immigration Office of the province where you are currently residing, and ask for the requirements when applying there for the 1-year extension for reason of dependant children.

However, even if that Imm Office does allow applications for 1-year extensions for reason of dependant children (not all Thai Immigration Offices provide that option), you would NOT be able to apply for it at this moment because the FIRST application for a 1-year extension has to be done for the SAME reason as the 90-day Non Imm O Visa you currently have (probably acquired for reason of retirement). 

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Note that I do not have any personal experience with that, but from what was mentioned in the many threads on applying for the MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa in Savannakhet, I gathered that they do not accept 'thai dependant children' as reason for the application.  But maybe some applicants did succeed in doing that, and then that would be your way to go.  

There is also the possibility to apply at the the Immigration Office of the province where you are currently residing, and ask for the requirements when applying there for the 1-year extension for reason of dependant children.

However, even if that Imm Office does allow applications for 1-year extensions for reason of dependant children (not all Thai Immigration Offices provide that option), you would NOT be able to apply for it at this moment because the FIRST application for a 1-year extension has to be done for the SAME reason as the 90-day Non Imm O Visa you currently have (probably acquired for reason of retirement). 

Now my visa is dependent visa I got in Vientiane, not for retirement. 

If I go to the Udon Thani immigration office, could I possibly extend my one-year stay?

11 hours ago, Udonthai said:

Now my visa is dependent visa I got in Vientiane, not for retirement. 

If I go to the Udon Thani immigration office, could I possibly extend my one-year stay?

No, because for immigration purposes the child is not legally yours, (name on the birth certificate means nothing)

17 hours ago, Udonthai said:

Now my visa is dependent visa I got in Vientiane, not for retirement...

On whom are you depending, or who is depending on you?

On 2/5/2024 at 4:48 AM, bigt3116 said:

No, because for immigration purposes the child is not legally yours, (name on the birth certificate means nothing)

So I cant get extend for a year? How about 3month?? 
This site is also confusing with conflicting information. Some people say you can do it with just a birth certificate, while others say you can't. An agent told me it can be done with just a birth certificate. 

20 hours ago, Udonthai said:

My child is depending on me

Got it. You are currently on the 90-day permission you received when you entered with a non-O visa, for which you had applied at a Thai embassy for the reason of travelling to Thailand to visit your child of Thai nationality. Now, you wish to apply for a one-year extension of stay for the reason of living with your child. Clause 2.18(5) first paragraph, applies to this.

2.18(5).png.f2d9ed98fddab0918e2cd7d1e2751362.png

Note: The correct translation of the Thai text would be:

"In the case of a parent, that parent must..."

On 2/5/2024 at 4:48 AM, bigt3116 said:

I have seen posts indicating that an immigration office granted the extension on the basis of the birth certificate combined with the personal confirmation of the child, who accompanied the father, that the latter was indeed the father and that they lived together. As I remember it, the child had to at least seven years old for this purpose. This procedure may vary from one immigration office to another.

@Udonthai

1. How old is your child?

2. Is your child in fact living with you on a continuous basis?

18 hours ago, Maestro said:

I have seen posts indicating that an immigration office granted the extension on the basis of the birth certificate combined with the personal confirmation of the child, who accompanied the father, that the latter was indeed the father and that they lived together. As I remember it, the child had to at least seven years old for this purpose. This procedure may vary from one immigration office to another.

@Udonthai

1. How old is your child?

2. Is your child in fact living with you on a continuous basis?

Very true, the child can attest at the local government office that he is the father, when they reach an age of responsibility, which generally (as you said) is about the age of 7

On 2/6/2024 at 3:54 PM, Udonthai said:

So I cant get extend for a year? How about 3month?? 
This site is also confusing with conflicting information. Some people say you can do it with just a birth certificate, while others say you can't. An agent told me it can be done with just a birth certificate. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

On 2/6/2024 at 3:54 PM, Udonthai said:

Some people say you can do it with just a birth certificate, while others say you can't.

If the child was born in wedlock, then only a birth certificate is required.
If the child was born out of wedlock, then you need to be legalized as the Father.

• 2 weeks later...

In the case of Single entry non o visa,  is it only possible to extend for 30 days? In the case of multiple entry non o visa, is it possible to extend for 60 days?

Edited by Udonthai

35 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There is No 30 day extension to a non O. 

Read this 

https://thaivisaexpert.com/the-difference-between-a-single-entry-and-multiple-entry-non-o-visa/

“You can extend your stay in Thailand over the original 90-day term with a Single Entry or Multiple Entry Non-O Visa by submitting an application at the closest Immigration Office. “

3 minutes ago, Udonthai said:

Read this 

https://thaivisaexpert.com/the-difference-between-a-single-entry-and-multiple-entry-non-o-visa/

“You can extend your stay in Thailand over the original 90-day term with a Single Entry or Multiple Entry Non-O Visa by submitting an application at the closest Immigration Office. “

I didn't state that cannot obtain an extension..

I stated you cannot obtain a 30 day extension.