TM30 questions & Border Bounce

Hi

Last few times i got SETV and got 30 day extension, i always stayed in private apartment but the owner didnt do a TM30.  I always did the eVisa for the extension.

However, during these times, often within the 2nd week i would travel to like Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Udon and stay in hotels.  Question is why havent i been required to provide a TM30 in last 2 extensions.  This coming trip i plan to stay with my girlfriend and then also go to Chiang Mai to a hotel for a short break.  

I plan to do a border bounce when close to my 90 days, i plan to take a flight from Bangkok to Laos, however. i am not sure what to do from here.  What do i need for the border bounce?  Ideally something comfortable to get me from Laos to Udon Thani within the day.  Any links to previous posts would be most apprecaited

11 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

I plan to do a border bounce when close to my 90 days, i plan to take a flight from Bangkok to Laos, however. i am not sure what to do from here.  What do i need for the border bounce?  Ideally something comfortable to get me from Laos to Udon Thani within the day.  Any links to previous posts would be most apprecaited

It's a border bounce. Not difficult.

You have many options from Bangkok.

Fly to Udon Thani airport and from there minivan or taxi to Nong Khai.

Same back to UT airport. 

No requirement at friendship bridge to stay overnight. 

To do it in one day depends on flight times. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It's a border bounce. Not difficult.

You have many options from Bangkok.

Fly to Udon Thani airport and from there minivan or taxi to Nong Khai.

Same back to UT airport. 

No requirement at friendship bridge to stay overnight. 

To do it in one day depends on flight times. 

So it be easier to get a taxi from Udon Thani and then how to cross the bridge and back?  Tell Taxi to go through and come back? 

A TM-30 ..IS.. required where you, as a foreigner, stay within 24 hours.  Also required when you ""MOVE RESIDENCE"" from point A to point B within 24 hours.

FYI: You can file a TM-30 ( ..how..depending on LOCAL IO policy ) as possessor.  I have filed mine in 3 different offices as well as filed ( as possessor ) for month long friends ( 2 adults 1 child ) staying in my house - done in 15 minutes.

YOU are responsible that ALL your paperwork is up to date.

As far as the TM30 is concerned, it should not be any issue for you which is the question you are asking... correct. You need not change TM30 every time you move around. And as far as the border run at Nong Khai is concerned, it also is not an issue as Dr Jack clarified. I know an individual that made the trip from Hua Hin, taxi to DM airport and fly to UTH then taxi to border.... stamp out then back in reverse the process finish in 1 day.

On 2/7/2024 at 10:19 AM, Soondae said:

As far as the TM30 is concerned, it should not be any issue for you which is the question you are asking... correct. You need not change TM30 every time you move around. And as far as the border run at Nong Khai is concerned, it also is not an issue as Dr Jack clarified. I know an individual that made the trip from Hua Hin, taxi to DM airport and fly to UTH then taxi to border.... stamp out then back in reverse the process finish in 1 day.

Yeah my question is i wont have any issues when extending my setv providing i have checked into some hotel. 

Thats my plan for border bounce but unsure how can get a taxi to the border and back

• Haha 1

IIRC , the minibus from Udon stops at the bridge in Nonghai before going on to the bus station . So I suppose when you come back across the bridge , you could either get a samlor to the bus station or wait at the bridge for the minibus back to Udon . Whatever , there are several reasonably priced places to stay in NK so no worries if you can`t get back in 1 day .

On 2/6/2024 at 8:17 PM, pantsonfire said:

Hi

Last few times i got SETV and got 30 day extension, i always stayed in private apartment but the owner didnt do a TM30.  I always did the eVisa for the extension.

However, during these times, often within the 2nd week i would travel to like Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Udon and stay in hotels.  Question is why havent i been required to provide a TM30 in last 2 extensions.  This coming trip i plan to stay with my girlfriend and then also go to Chiang Mai to a hotel for a short break.  

Can fly into Udon, take a van from airport for 100b to bridge about 45m, theres a shuttle that goes through both sides of the bridge for 10b every 20 mins or so but not sure you're allowed to come back the same day ... Do the Laos e-visa while you're at it to save time, money and passport page.

Theres also a van or taxi from Nong Khai bridge to Ubon airport.

Don;t need any TM 30 for anything other than extensions at immigration and I haven't used one, ever.

Edited by Bingo66